GOG 2021

I had Corridor 7 too on cd. I remember liking it, but nothing about the game itself. I’ll probably buy it :)

And of course Civvie 11 covered them both years ago. I need to watch these.
EDIT: Apparently, these cannot be watched embedded, so I’ll link directly to each YouTube video.

Corridor 7: Alien Invasion

Operation Body Count

Damn, those videos are DELIGHTFUL. Thank you!

About a year and a half later and Mechwarrior 5 is now available on GOG apparently, and for a limited time you also get The Surge as a gift when you purchase MW5. Apparently it is coinciding with the launch of a new DLC for MW5 called Heroes of the Inner Sphere too.

I had no idea there was a MW5. Is it because it was bad it’s not much discussed?

First up, Shadow of the Horned Rat is being given away for free on GOG as part of the annual Games Workshop Skulls event. It is part of the free Warhammer Skulls Digital Goodie Pack you can claim on GOG. So, if you do not yet have a copy of Shadow of the Horned Rat on GOG then this is a great chance to nab one! Giveaway and associated Warhammer sale runs until 10th June 2021, at 5 PM UTC.

I’ll let the forum’s MW5 Mercenaries thread speak to the quality of the game.

Shoot, thank you. I had foundling memories of MW2, and was glad to discover the game was as fun(but nowhere as impressive) as it used to be, thanks in great party to lovely mission design when I played it again a couple of years ago. It’s sad that that part of games tend to be left aside nowadays.

GOG’s Summer Sale is online! Until June 28th. And Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition arrived with it, which greatly pleases me.

Oooo, as did Witchaven and Witchaven II. With both original and enhanced builds of the game available for download. The later (enhanced build) including fixes from the EGwhaven community project and remapped default controls that follow today’s modern conventions. Purchasable either individually or as part of a bundle.

Also Thief 4 for $6.24!
(aka THI4F)

For only 6 bucks, I may have to give it another try. I mean, I bought it on Steam way back in 2014, but didn’t give it much of a chance, since it broke too much of what I loved about the original Thief games. But I’m willing to try it again on its own terms, and try to put the original games out of my mind.

Grabbed the bundle. My original experiences with those games back in the day were pretty frustrating. I was unaware of any fixes though, so I’m willing to take another chance on them.

Oh, and I see that Civvie 11 did a video on the first Witchaven.

Warcraft-inspired 2018 RTS game Loria has become part of the “free games” catalogue on GOG, also became free on other platforms (Steam).

Thanks for the tip! “Purchased.”

I think it’s weird that since the Witchavens were released on GOG, the Witchaven Bundle has been on their top 10 sales chart, only today dropping down to 9th place.

Were that many people (like myself) really foaming at the mouth to buy these legendarily bad games? Or is it maybe that they include the fan patches?

I mean, I could see Doom or even Heretic making the top 10, but not the Witchavens. And the ‘launch’ discount isn’t even very significant.

Free game giveaway going on for the next 47-ish hours, so if anyone has even a passing interest in Hellpoint then now is your chance to nab a free copy from GOG.

As far as I can tell we have some new releases today with Sins of a Solar Empire: Trinity, Mothergunship, Space Empires Complete Pack (includes I, II, III, IV Deluxe, and V), and Shadow Empire joining the GOG catalogue.

X4 is on sale with two expansion packs for $52. Is that a good game now? @BrianRubin?

Yes it is.

I liked X-tensions. But when I got X2, the interface was too complicated for a joystick user. I had to use the joystick and keyboard, and mouse, and it was too much. Is X4 like that, or can I just play with a joystick primarily or controller primarily?

Since X3:TC, I’ve only played with K&M, so I can’t really answer that question. Sorry. :(