GOG Galaxy 2.0 - All your games and friends in one place - and they do mean ALL

Oops. I was mistaken. Those are friend requests of me, not by me. All is right, now.

Still nothing for RGO as an Epic game for me in GOG Galaxy 2.0:

Ha ha! You own Fortnite.

Only the abandoned Save The World mode.

Have any other EGS games been added automatically since the initial import? Perhaps try triggering it manually. I mean it worked in my case, the only oddness being that it doesn’t appear in the “recently added” list, only “recently played” and in the actual library (including installed). Other than this it’s been fairly solid so far. I had an issue when launching RGO and there was an update on the Epic Store, EGS came back with an error about an update being unavailable and that stopped everything in its tracks. I closed the error, found the updating was downloading, and once complete I relaunched and it was fine.

The only other thing that bugs me is when it says “We are launching a Epic game”.

And now this morning Epic is asking for my password again, despite the “Remember me?” boxed being ticked. This is definitely an EGS issue though not Galaxy, as it has happened multiple times before. It made me wonder if this is why Playnite was causing dramas, but in that case it was happening with every other store too nearly every launch.

I could fix this once they add the ability to manually add games, because then I’ll just link to the shortcut I’ve set up to bypass EGS altogether. It’s funny (not really) that it’s nearly always the EGS that has been giving me dramas.

There’s definitely some flakiness with all that. I’m assuming you’re Rock8man there, can’t find you either. Also, when I check a message that’s been sent, the message notification remains for quite some time afterwards. Eventually disappears, along with accepted friend requests which also hang around for several minutes.

So I learned today that you can pretty much add any game by searching for it than adding it executionable. Here are some examples:

I’m still waiting for them to let my try the beta, I think.

Same. I’m so jealous. Especially since Playnite has been bad about downloading images for games lately, and can’t track the time I spend in Jedi: Fallen Order on Origin.

Super mega space blaster special.

That sounds right up your alley brian :D

I received an invite today. Check your emails.

Also, I don’t see how to connect my Steam account? It isn’t here

Hah, right?

I’m having several crashing issues with the Steam plugin. Hopefully they’ll fix it soon.

Well, Steam is missing, and Uplay, and Origin, etc

Strange, I have all those there by default.

Yay. I got my email 20 minutes ago. Installing.

Me too, but they’re under “Community Integrations”:

Also, as seen, the Steam integration disconnects all the time.

for some reason the thing never integrated my steam friends list.

Yes, they are not official yet. I guess Valve and the rest do not want to play nice just yet, or it is in progress.

Personally I have been using Galaxy 2 for about a month and had it lose connection like, once.

my issue is that I use the textbox that says ‘search github’ to find the integrations, but it never finds anything.

I connected everything on the list just fine this morning. Though Steam was disconnecting frequently while I was doing the others. I didn’t have much time to test it and play around with it once all the imports were done.

One thing I wasn’t expecting is that it seems to get the game list for Xbox and Playstation from the games activity list, not from what own on Xbox Live and PSN. So, for instance, Anthem shows up, even though I’m only playing that through EA Access on Xbox and it will be gone in a month. Similarly, games that I played through Game Pass and disc rentals are on the list. Games that I played on Free Play Weekends are on the list. Games that I played on PSN when I used to be a PS+ member (which I no longer have access to) are also on the list. So it is all a bit too much information. On the other hand, it is interesting that Xbox Live and PSN must have tracked my play time for all these games, even though they don’t show them to me. But I can see it now on Galaxy 2.0. So that’s useful, and I’m glad they’re on the list now, even though I don’t own them or have access to play them anymore. At least I can see how long I played them and what achievements I earned.

Hopefully there is an easy way to remove games from the list though, in case I want to remove all those games that I no longer can play on those networks.

The one disappointment so far for me is that only Xbox One and Windows 10 games show up on the list from Xbox. No Xbox 360 games got imported. So I still have to track that particular game library separately I guess. And it is my biggest game library by far compared to other platforms. Well, except Steam I guess, and eventually Epic, if they keep giving away games in perpetuity.