GOG In the Year of Our Lord 2017

I feel much better about only having ~400 games on there now. I’ve really come to appreciate GOG Galaxy over the last few months however as it has permanent revolving sales which means I can regularly and easily pick up a classic old game I want to try out for a couple of bucks.

Kind of feel like I cheated - bought Realms of the Haunting for $.59, which was enough to get a free copy of Rebel Galaxy.

Just in case anyone else is looking for a similar deal:
Postal : Classic & Uncut is $0.19 during the sale and should nab you the free Rebel Galaxy as well.

BTW, Independence War 1 and 2 can be gotten in the sale for $1.49 each. Or if you want to play a squad of SAS commandos doing secret missions in WW2, there’s Hidden and Dangerous 2 for a fiver.

Just $15 for this haul (+ Rebel Galaxy). $80 RRP.

I have 8 games on my wishlist. GOG carries 2 of them, and only one of them is on sale, for the same price as Steam.

#salefail

I grabbed Freedom Force, because I felt an urge to play it, having lost most of my old hybrid games in one of those heartbreaking flooding a few years back.
I also grabbed Dragon Age Origins, to check on my late game save, something I hadn’t had the courage to do in quite a few years, because of EA’sOrigin and the Bioware mess of DLC downloadings. My old save game loaded fine, but I have no idea what all those icons in my hotbar are supposed to mean anymore!
Since the instant I put it on my wishlist last year, the Great Battles collector edition never seems to go on sale anymore :(

Got World in Conflict my own self.

Great minds think alike–I was thinking about doing that as well.

BTW, anyone know if the free Rebel Galaxy copy is giftable in a legit way? I already have it on Steam is why I ask.

I gave away mine to a fellow QT3er without any problem.

GOG sends you a Rebel Galaxy code when you make your purchase. It doesn’t automatically credit it to your account.

How long does it usually take to get your Rebel Galaxy code? I made my first purchase on the 6th (Tuesday) and I haven’t received anything concerning Rebel Galaxy.

It should have been immediate. Its a separate email with a code in it.

search for this title in your email box. It may be buried in there.

“Hey adventurer, your free copy of Rebel Galaxy has arrived!”

Nope, not there, however when I checked GOG’s support page I found the following statement:

“FREE REBEL GALAXY: IF YOU HAVEN’T RECEIVED IT YET, PLEASE BE PATIENT - THERE MAY BE DELAYS IN GRANTING THESE FREE GAMES.”

So I guess I’ll wait a little longer before pursuing the matter further.

Edit: Never mind found it in my gmail spam folder.

I wish Travis still hung out here.

Travis posted in the Rebel Galaxy thread less than two weeks ago and has routinely teased his new game here over the last few months. He’s far from gone unless something just happened that I completely missed.

That was the subject line that accompanied the email I received very soon after I purchased a game. Sending address was [email protected].

Maybe in your email spam folder?

I also didn’t receive my free copy of Rebel Galaxy. I only noticed the following day and made a ticket. Within 10 minutes they replied, apologising profusely, saying there was a bug and immediately followed up with a code.

Reminds me of the time I bought a GoG game accidentally (don’t ask) which I had no interest in. I emailed them and they shortly replied that I could pick a game I did want of the same price. Excellent customer service and I feel guilty for not shopping there more.

There wasn’t a whole lot I wanted to pick up this time around, but I did grab Battlezone 98 Redux and its expansion pack, and it is every bit as awesome as it was back in the day. I tried using my 360 pad (and it works fine), but in the end I found the keyboard and mouse to be superior. The graphics are nicely improved, and it installed and runs without a hitch on my Windows 10 box.

Oh and either the game is very difficult, or I am very bad. I died numerous times on medium difficulty, so I switched to easy. Just until I get the hang of it, I mean…