GOG In the Year of Our Lord 2017

Picked up Signal Ops. The game was on my wishlist and I can’t remember why, but for $1.49 I’m keen to find out.

Those both sound like good purchases. I bought Battlezone and the expansion back in the day (loved the manual and the way they made it look like a coffee-stained US Army Field Manual). And I vaguely remember something about Signal Ops when it came out, but never bought it.

The sale ends in 48 hours, and you can now get Fantasy General for the great sale price of FREE!

Wow. Everyone needs that. If you have even the remotest interest in the idea of a fantasy wargame, that’s the only one you need to play.

Agreed, it’s still best in class all these years later.

That game in particular makes me love GoG so much. There are others too, but I just love that they’ve made games like Fantasy General available legally for people to pay as little as FREE to get it legitimately. We live in amazing times for gaming.

Do I still get Rebel Galaxy free too?

Agreed, it’s doubly sweet that they include the soundtrack separately, since it is SO FUCKING GOOD.

God I love everything about that damned game.

Free doesn’t count as a purchase, so no. But go buy something to support GOG (and get Rebel Galaxy for free)!

As noted, it doesn’t, but buy something for like $2. Do you need ideas?

Never mind, I thought Fantasy General was a throw-in for a purchase too.

Doesn’t even need to be that much - I think I mentioned earlier in the thread that I bought Realms of the Haunting for about fifty cents and got Rebel Galaxy with it.

Last I checked, BTW, Uplink (hacking sim) from Introversion was going for 59 cents.

Getting Uplink and Rebel Galaxy for $.59 is like a supermodel of your sexual preference walk in on you at work, then sweeping you off your feet, plopping your butt in a brand-new Ferrari, and then roaring off with you for a happy ever after.

OK, that’s hyperbole, but those two games for less than a buck is like a smashing deal.

Snagged Uplink, Rebel Galaxy and Fantasy General for a little over four bits

My haul so far:

Signal Ops - Heard good things, silly cheap.
The Dark Eye - Chains of Satinav - An adventure title I saw someone playing on Twitch, caught my attention. Cheap.
Hard Reset Redux - Keep seeing recommendations, figured the Redux is the best version.
The Saboteur - Been meaning to play this.
SWAT 4 - I held this in my GoG wishlist until a sale, which is now. :)

Got for free:
Rebel Galaxy (PS4, Steam, GoG… I own this game everywhere now!)
Alan Wake’s American Nightmare (heard this wasn’t very good)
Fantasy General

Aw, Rebel Galaxy was free on PS4 at some point and I didn’t even remember I had it. Better to play on PC or PS4?

Already had Fantasy General and Alan Wake’s American Nightmare. Ah well, free so I don’t feel like I’m missing out. Still, the problem these days is I have waaay too many games, I can’t even remember what I own anymore.

I’m pretty sure that Fantasy General must have been a freebie in the past, because it’s in my library but I also got an email to redeem it.

Yes it was, just a couple of months ago.

So, dumb question I know, but if I have Witcher 3 from GoG - base game only - then if I purchase the Expansion pass (which includes Hearts of Stone & Blood and Wine) I will have both DLCs and I will need nothing else, right? Or is there more DLC than that? I decided to get some stuff from the GoG sale on the last day and time’s a running out!