GOG in the Year of our Lord 2018

Codswallop! The amount of older games increases at an increasing rate every day!

Still waiting for NOLF! Anyone have the latest scoop? (yeah I know you can download both games patched up to work with Win10, it’d still be nice if GoG sold them officially.)

You guys want another free game? Because here’s another free game on the house.

Additionally, there are a whole bunch of games on sale again. Including Railway Empire, Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire, Witcher 3 GOTY edition, Kingdom Come Deliverance and so on.

Is Legends of Eisenwald worth it?

I didn’t enjoy it as much as I thought I would. I think it was mainly due to the contrievances and sluggishness of the interface, but it might have been my computer was too slow for it. I remember being sort of annoyed by the text too.

Witcher 3 GOTY just hit $15. Can’t say no anymore.

I did not think so, @Bateau

I’d give it a pass. When I first played it (prerelease) I thought it was promising. but I didn’t like the combat system and found the game as a whole a bit dull.

Are we still using the GOG in the Year of our Lord 2018 thread?

There is a great midweek sale on Strategy games with some amazing prices. Worth a look.

Anyone else having trouble logging onto their account?

Three days running my password has failed twice, I have been prompted to change the password, I “change” it to the same thing, and then get mailed a two step authentication code.

I don’t mind the authentication code, wouldn’t care if I had to do this on all sites for security. But the rigmarole about my password being wrong, that is a PITA. But given all the weird problems I have been having with this laptop (and a few with Firefox), I am not going to be too quick to hang the blame on GOG.

I just logged in, had to do the 2FA and was able to get in with no issues.

Yeah no problem here either, including 2FA. Their password recovery might be broken, but I don’t want to change my password right now.

Try a different browser, or at least clear your cookies.

No issues on my end either.

Thanks!

Hey, guys? Hey, especially @BrianRubin? Did I forget that Mission Critical came out on GOG last year, or did it go unnoticed? A search doesn’t show any of us pumping our fists or weeping openly, so I guess we missed it? What’s funny is that I remember playing it for awhile not terribly long ago… I can’t find the files on my computer, so I think it might have been on the Internet Archive? Anyway–patching up a spaceship! That mini-RTS space game! Michael Dorn!

Such a great game. Brian did comment on the mini-game (or macro game) space combat recently. I played it in 10 years ago.

I was scratching my head thinking, boy, this guy looks familiar! Is it Carl Weathers? Nope.

Obviously you need to watch more CHiPs

He should have kept his mustache for TNG!

Muntant Year Zero: Road to Eden is now available on GOG.

https://www.gog.com/game//mutant_year_zero_road_to_eden