GOG in the Year of our Lord 2018

SOF II, man. Infiltration mode. Dismemberment ON!

Vote for an upcoming free game! Please vote for Shadow Warrior 2, I don’t have that game yet. :)

That’s what I’m hoping for too Gordon!

I’ve done my part!

Done 1

I have all the giveaway options, but I voted for Shadow Warrior 2 nonetheless because I think it’s a great game everyone should have/play.

Yeah, i voted for SW2 as well.

Have to say I HATE HATE the new giant-zooming-tile interface. So much harder to cleanly use and browse.

Diego

Shadow Warrior 2 is FREE for a limited time - https://www.gog.com/game/shadow_warrior_2

One of the few games on PC which supports HDR.

Nevewinter Nights: Enhanced Edition is released on GoG. Launch discount, plus an additional discount if you already have the original on GoG. For me, that lands the deluxe edition with all the goodies at $20, and $10 for just the base game.

My least favorite Bioware game (the main campaign, the expansions were good).

But I will still get it…maybe I will feel different about it this many years later (and to play through the expansions again).

Fool me once, shame on you.
Fool me twice, shame on me.

GoG released another Tweet that seems like a backhand at another group. If the gentle reader does not recall, about a year ago they Tweeted an image that seemed to indicate their support for Gamergate - or a shocking ignorance of the whole issue. Now they Tweeted using the hashtag #WeWontBeErased in a bit of a mocking way which is also being used by groups in protest of Trump’s attempt to eliminate certain gender protections. Again, they are either demonstrating a shocking ignorance of the issue or did so in support of the effort to remove protections from transgendered people.

Another ignorant accident? Or mayhap GoG is being run by transphobic wankers?

I wonder if it’s a case of “any kind of publicity is good publicity”?

It’s possible they consider people discussing GOG for any reason “a good thing” and this is just a poor stunt at generating fake outrage/discussion. They can evade it with a “oops! - our bad!” press release which I see they’ve already released.

If this is true then I’m not sure what is worse. That companies use fake outrage to generate publicity or that in the current climate the public get outraged over every minor/silly thing.

Of course, it could just be that they have a clueless PR guy. It depends on your level of tinfoil hat. I guess mine is slightly “tinfoil-ey” ;)

#NotSurprisedInTheSlightest

It seems very common for insecure populists to dismiss their behaviour as “communication issues” and blame the beholders. I witnessed it not far from here.
Edit: had quoted the wrong part ;)

GoG has always been run by idiots, which makes me angry that I like everything they do as an actual storefront.

I would like to believe this.
That he noticed a popular hashtag, but had no idea what it stood for, and co-opted it because it sounded cool.
That’s best case scenario.
But even so, considering the reaction, he may need to lose his job over this.

I mean, I love GOG. I buy 90% of my games there.
But this kind of shit has got to stop.
For every forward step they take, things like this set them back big-time.

A mistake would be forgivable. The Non-apologies are not.

Same. When I saw this a few days ago from upset trans friends I was doubly pissed off.

First for the obvious issue of GOG being a jackass and making jokes about peoples rights being taken away from them. Second (a very very distant second) my irritation that I now have to think about GOG as to whether I should purchase from now on.

I dont enjoy personal boycott’s I dont like having to think about it, but GOG is making it clearer by the day their ethics are not compatible with mine. Which sucks, a lot.

It means, much though I regret it, I will be passing on the new Cyberpunk game. They don’t get my money.