GOG in the Year of our Lord 2018

Nah, its fine. Nobody needs corporate mouthpieces punching down for clicks.

This week’s Weekly Sale ends on November 21st - Wednesday - instead of going through to Friday/Saturday.

That probably means a Thanksgiving/Black Friday/Cyber Monday sale on GOG starting tomorrow. Just a heads-up. ;)

So far, even after the long awaited adoption of local currency (AUD) to the Australian Steam store it turns out GOG is still the cheaper option out of the two for a number of games. I don’t know if GOG are taking less of a cut from sales or what but unless Steam prices undergo another adjustment GOG will still be the cheaper option of the two for Australia in many cases. Frostpunk, Bad North, the upcoming Stellaris expansion… So far everything I’ve cross checked is still cheaper, sometimes a few dollars so, via GOG.

As predicted:

Includes deals such as SWAT 4 for 50% off – still the lowest I’ve seen it discounted on GOG to date, Divinity Original Sin for 75% off, everything Star Wars seems to be 65% off, Emperor: Rise of the Middle Kingdom is 50% off, Homeworld Remastered is 75% off, all the SimCity games are 75% off, etc.

GOG Winter Sale is on until the 3rd of January. A bunch of new games eligible for GOG Connect (such as AoW3), you can get Full Throttle Remastered for free for the next 48 hours, and more.

Thanks for the heads up on AoW3!

Sadly, it still can’t (or won’t) register the DLCs. Snif!

Age of Decadence for 4 bucks. That’s definitely impulse buy territory.

Shit. Sold. Shit.

Edit: how wonderfully decade. Yes, that makes sense.

Please Note : Age of Decadence is available in the Fanatical Kingslayer Bundle along with Styx : Shards of Darkness, Shadowrun Hong Kong : Extended Edition, Oxenfree, SW:KotR I and II, and 4 other games for only $4.99. Although they’re Steam keys, not DRM Free.

For some reason GOG Connect isn’t registering that I own AOW3 on Steam. It shows the game in Connect, but with a red X that says it can’t find the game in my Steam library. Weird.

Also, if you spend $0.01 in the sale, GOG will give you Fantasy General for free. I just bought Fantasy General on GOG a few months ago (on sale of course). It’s just as awesome as it always was…so take advantage and buy something else that’s interesting and cheap and get your Fantasy General geek on!

Doh! Wish I had seen that. Thanks for the catch.

Are you not a devout follower of the Bargain Thread? You should be, as your wallet will thank you, though your backlog most certainly will not. =)

I bought Impossible Creatures for $3 and got Fantasy General and Full Throttle for free. How did all those years slip by between me hearing about those games and buying them? It’s a mystery.

If you’ve never played Fantasy General you need to. It’s still best in class for fantasy wargaming.

I never played any of those games. I’m gonna fuck up some shit.

Rubin! I haven’t seen you in years and years. Are you still into spaceship games, or what?

Do bears shit in predominantly woodland areas? Of course man! Where you been man?

Well, at least SOME OF US are still true to our natures. Keep on rocking.

Sir yes sir!

Finally broke through the lack of buying GOG games with the purchase of both Divinity: Original Sin 2 and Obduction, both of which were at their lowest prices to date (Obduction even beat Steam’s sale this time). Coupled with Mass Effect: Andromeda, and the release of PoE: Deadfire’s newest DLC, I’ve a massive amount of gaming to do. Nice.