Good fishing games?

Can anyone recommend a decent freshwater fishing game? According to GameRankings, apparently there is no such thing.

Sega Bass Fishing for the Dreamcast, with Fishing Controller. Though really, fishing games have yet to have their Citizen Kane. Yeah I said it.

World of Warcraft? :P

Yeah, the Dreamcast fishing games are a ton of fun with the rod&reel controller. You can get 'em for a song and the controller too.

–Dave

Why did I just know that was coming?!

Why did I just know that was coming?!

No, you predicted it last summer in your blog ;)

Couldn’t… you know… just… go fishing, like, for real?

Yes, and I do, except there’s a bit of difference between…you know…unassing myself at 5AM, driving to a fishing hole, fishing, then coming home 6 hours later…and, like, you know, booting up a computer and playing a game for 15 minutes.

Just sayin’, is all.

I wish Sega would do their fishing games for GC. I have donkey konga yet no fishing rod controller?! I’m not even sure if my DC works.

Dark Cloud 2 contains a lot of optional fishing content. Some friends of mine who like fishing say that it’s very realistic, but I wouldn’t know.

animal crossing!

legend of the river king 2!

Animal Crossing is actually the reason this came up. My family enjoys AC like mad (to the tune of buying two more GCs just to play it – my mother in law, wife, oldest son, nephew, niece, and two sisters ALL play the game), and they really enjoy the fishing portion, but I was hoping to find something a bit more in depth. Seems like fishing games have kind of sunk beneath the waves.

Legend of the River King is a good bet (I never played the second one), just don’t try playing it without a faq.

If they want more Animal Crossing-style fishing, they should try Toontown Online. Fishing is the main way to make money (jellybeans), and on Wednesdays there is fishing bingo at each pond, including the pond at your private estate. Very similar to Animal Crossing, there are 50 different species to catch, found in different areas of the game world, and rarity of the species varies. You won’t be able to catch them all until you buy better fishing rods, and you have to play a couple months for the highest level rod to become available.

Dark Cloud 2 contains a lot of optional fishing content. Some friends of mine who like fishing say that it’s very realistic, but I wouldn’t know.

I would second this.