Good GBA puzzle games?

Hey everyone,

I’ve been looking for a good puzzle game for the GBA - any recommendations? I need something for my lunchtime “quick game” fix!

Mike

Super Puzzle Fighter 2 Turbo!

It’s good fun.

Only tried the DC version, but CHU CHU ROCKET!

I’m a huge fan on Chu Chu Rocket on the Dreamcast, but I can’t recommend it on the GBA. The primary issue with the GBA implementation of the game is the control mapping in the real-time portion of the game. Laying arrows down in the DC version of the game is very easy - each arrow maps to the respective button of the diamond on the right side of the controller. Even though the GBA version of the game features a number of different controller configurations, the GBA button layout never presents an intuitive mapping like the DC version. Even after playing the game for a number of hours I was still making mistakes repeatedly. Chu Chu Rocket is a REALLY fast puzzle game and the slightest mistake (esp during a ‘cat attack’) can make a difference between victory and defeat. I found myself more often frustrated than “in the zone” for that portion of the game.

Fortunately there is a low-key puzzle mode that is similar to “The Incredible Machine” that doesn’t require such high speed reactions and is still as enjoyable as the DC version.

-Scott-

Thanks! Super Puzzle Fighter looks like what I had in mind - I’m gonna look for it next time I’m at the store.

I love Chu-Chu on the Dreamcast as well, but I’d have to agree it would be hard to play on the GBA. I like it more as a party game anyhow - single player gets pretty aggravating unless I’m feeling unusually quick-fingered!

Also check out WarioWare. It’s technically not a puzzle game but it plays out much like one. You play a string of 10-20 minigames for 3-4 seconds at a time. It’s perfect for just picking up and playing.

gulroz chang poo is the greatest. import, but should be cheap I cant imagine they sell alot of them as no one knows how fun it is.

oh and the gba puyo puyo is quite faithful and nice.