"Good Old Games"

Decided to take a break from troubleshooting and bought Dark Messiah ($6+) and Puzzle Kingdoms ($1) off a Steam sale. I think those will satisfy me for a bit before getting back to Arx troubleshooting later.

Journey Man Project 2 is available now.

Edit: Dammit, there’s an issue with saving and loading: like it crashes the game. Quite a few Windows 7 users (me included) are bitching about it on their website.

GOG has gotten sloppy.

Journeyman was amazing at the time, but having reviewed some video lately, I’m not sure i could handle the interface, emotionally-speaking. I think I’d lose it.

Does the sequel do that better?

Independence war II is now up. I remember playing this and getting constantly beat up on the 2nd or 3rd mission. You have to steel some stuff and I got blown up every time after picking up the stuff. I feel I might have missed a good game there.

As much as I love space sims, I could never get too far in this one either. I’ll give it another whirl though.

IWar 2, one of the best space sims ever.

Putting together the best of two worlds: the sandbox galaxy concept with autonomous traffic and economy with handcrafted missions that gives you more variety and advance the plot. Great graphics for the time, very well done feeling of being a space pirate assaulting convoys, takng the cargo and running away to your base, and some interesting concepts in ship management and upgrades.

To play the Ultima 6 remake?

rezaf

Again: THE TROUBLE WITH GUNSTARS

Panzer General 2 is listed by GOG as “Windows XP & Vista.” Does that mean it will not run on Windows 7?

Win 7 support is not yet guaranteed. It hasn’t been a problem for me yet (I haven’t played PG2, mind).

It runs fine for me on Win 7 x64.

For what it’s worth, CNN put Good Old Games in the Number 2 slot of the Top download services for games.

Okay, GOG released Raptor: Call of the Shadows 2010 edition. Supposedly supports higher resolutions. I don’t care. Buying now.

After all these years, Panzer General 2 is still completely awesome. Daaaaamn.

Speaking of PG2, some people might be interested in PeG-WW2.
It started out as an effort to bring PG2 to the People’s General engine and utilize it’s improvements.
There’s some downsides to that as well, but I don’t wanna hijack this thread too far by discussing those.
It’s notable that PeGWW2 has gone a long way, though - it has severly modified equipment sets for the western and eastern fronts and beyond - such for the pacific. There’s complete Japanese campaigns available, for example.
It doesn’t stop there - there’s a Korea conversion, a WW1 conversion, even a Napoleonic conversion and a American Civil War conversion.
Definately worth a look for everybody that liked/likes PG2, imo.

Disclaimer: I’m not affilated with that project in any way.

rezaf

Damn, will have to get this now too. I recently came across my copy of Panzer General for the Playstation - not sure if this was a direct port or if it lost anything going to console but I loved that game.

Sweet. I almost got that from GamersGate for $10, but this is cheaper and from a preferred provider.

No longer will I have to search for my old floppy disk, or a floppy disk drive to load it with.

can you play raptor with a 360 controller?

looks like GOG has Lords of Magic and Master of Magic… is there a possibility it will add Magic and Mayhem? was a pretty good rts ccg type game from the late 90s. by the guy who made xcom !

is there any game close to the gameplay in magic and mayhem? i really liked that game… the skirmish was pretty fun too.

Total Annihilation and its expansions are now up for $6.