Good restaurants around Anaheim

So as some of you know (if you’ve read the Disneyland! thread), I’m heading down to Disneyland/SoCal in May with the wife and daughter. I know of a ton of great restaurants in and around LA, but nothing in the Orange County area. Can anyone recommend some must-eats in the area? For the first three days, we’ll probably be limited to a short cab ride, but in our last two days there, we’ll be renting a car (so, if you want, also feel free to mention some other great restaurants around LA – I’m sure there are a few places I haven’t been – as we’ll be driving out to Venice and whatnot, as well)…

We’re pretty adventurous eaters, but remember that we have a four-year-old with us. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated! (I’ve tried to do some online research, but it’s been tough to figure out which review sites are worth visiting)

I very much enjoyed Ralph Brennan’s Jazz Kitchen in Downtown Disney. Very good cajun/new orleans type food.

Over in my neck of the woods there is a really good seafood place called the Los Alamitos Fish Company .

It’s in the town of Los Alamitos, in the northwest corner of Orange County, near the Long Beach border, about 10 to 20 minutes drive from Anaheim (depending on where you start and traffic conditions). The best clam chowder I’ve ever had, and excellent seafood of many types. Highly recommended.

Also the nearby town of Seal Beach (just south of Los Alamitos, also about a 10 to 20 min drive from Anaheim) has quite a few nice restaurants. And Long Beach also has a pretty good restaurant strip in the Pine Street area (about 20 to 30 min from Anaheim).

There’s a few to get you started. If you guys like seafood try the Fish Company.

Well, if you know LA pretty well, it’s not a unique suggestion, but, I’d recommend the Zankou Chicken on Ball Street. It’s a bit ghetto, but the chicken is to die for (and four year olds love to eat with their hands, right?)

And while it’s a chain, the Ruby’s on the end of the pier in Seal Beach is worth it just for the view of the breakers rolling in.

Not a helpful post at all, but the google targeted ads for this thread crack me up. I guess you put the word “restaurant” in the title and you get anorexia/bulimia treatment ads!