Good tablet games (That are interesting)(And doesnt fleece you)

I recently aquired a Samsung S4 tablet and was interested in some decent games for it.

The thing is - the android store is chock-full of games, that are clearly meant to lure me to paying, and thats pretty much what they are about.

Can anyone recommend some games that are actually good games? I like long walks on the beach, sunshine…oh wait…I enjoy Strategy games, fantasy games, scifi games, and so on. Both quick games, and longer games for that matter.

Preferably games that I purchase once, but I am not adverse to spending money inside the game, if the game is good.

Thanks in advance!

Atlantic Fleet is pretty good.

Pay to win:
Hearthstone

Paid games:
Age of Rivals
Race for the Galaxy
Through the Ages
Solar Settlers
Shards of Infinity
Human Resource Machine

Elder Signs: Omens
Star Traders 4X Empires
Lara Croft GO
XCOM Enemy Within

This and FTL are permanent residents here.
If you are ready to shelve 60 dollars, Sentinels of the Multiverse is amazing in my opinion.
From the Treses, my fav is Templar Battleforce (all single tap game!), although it covers a bit of the same ground as XCOM.

Hey, this thread is timely! I -just- ordered a new tablet to replace the several year old Shield tablet I had. I can’t wait to try some of these.

SimpleRockets 2 - similar to Kerbal Space Program, but streamlined and works well on mobile

I didn’t know FTL is on android. Or do you play it on an Ipad?

Games on my tablet are mostly board game ports: Onirim, Love Letter (bad AI, though), Onitama, Pandemic, Indian Summer, Patchwork.
Longer games: Neverwinter Nights, Baldur’s Gate, Planescape Torment

I haven’t looked into it too deeply, but maybe the Google Play Pass would help with this?

One of its benefits is supposed to be that the included games have no in-app purchases.

Ah, right. Damn, that’s a shame.

Sadly, that is US only, and I am not.

Awesome list of games, people - Thanks! Its interesting how few real boardgames are translated. I would have figured those fit the platform perfectly.

Templar Battleforce is quite interesting, as is Sentinels. Neverwiner Nights are on Tablets? Thats crazy! The controls must be…interesting?

Xcom and Elder Signs I already played a few years ago on my GF¨s Ipad. Star traders is a great suggestion as well, thanks!

Seconded. Also Pacific Fleet.

Morrowind (openmw), Rollercoaster tycoon, openTTD, Cataclysm DDA, Tropico, Rome Total War, XCom, Imperium Galactica 2, Battle Chasers Night War, Stardew Valley, Twilight Struggle, Dungeon Warfare 2, Mindustry, One Deck Dungeon, King of Dragon Pass, Concrete Jungle…

FTL is iPad only.

I third this!

Thanks all - There’s some nice stuff here!

World of Goo
Star Realms
Three Kingdoms - The Last Warlord (ROTK clone)
Football Manager (although I have 2018 and haven’t kept up with anything since then)
Lone Wolf Saga or Kai Chronicles (both are ways to play all the old Lone Wolf game books)
Sorcery!

Another vote for Star Traders: Frontiers here, it plays really well on my Tab S3 and would seem to tick your criteria boxes.

Beamdog games - Baldurs Gate 1 and 2 EE, Icewind Dale EE, Planescape Torment EE.

Knights of the old Republic is also a classic.

There are tons on iOS. I think it’s just that there’s no viable market for premium games on Android, and real boardgames work best as premium games (though some do a kind of freemium thing, like Pathfinder ACG or TTR).