Good tablet games (That are interesting)(And doesnt fleece you)

The vast majority of iOS boardgames are also on Android. For example, these are all on Android:

Carcassonne
Ticket to Ride
Hive
Brass
Steam
Stockpile
Terra mystica
RFTG
Shards of infinity
Ascension
Star realms
Cthulhu realms
Through the ages
Onitama
Elder sign
Seven wonders
Twilight struggle
Eldritch horror (unofficial, Android exclusive)
Galaxy trucker
Tigris and Euphratea
Pathfinder
Sentinels of the Multiverse
Burgle bros
Hardback
Paperback
Isle of skye
Istanbul
Dominion
San Juan
Puerto Rico (unofficial)
Le Havre inland port
Agricola all creatures great and small
BattleLore
Modern Art
Lords of Waterdeep
Eight minute empire
Tides of time
Mystic vale
Small world
Neuroshima hex
Evolution
Jaipur
Castles of Burgundy
Santorini
Mr Jack pocket
Patchwork
Cottage garden
Indian summer
Bohnanza duel
Axis and allies (unofficial, android exclusive?)
Fort Sumter
Pandemic
Kahuna
Friday
Zulus on the ramparts
Onirim
Splendor
Xenoshyft
Colt express
Coup
Mysterium
Zombicide
Alhambra
Legends of Andor
Kingdom builder
Suburbia
Castles of mad king ludwig
Talisman
One Deck Dungeon
Eclipse

… plus pretty much every traditional game (chess, go, backgammon, bridge, etc)

Whaaaaat!?! Please tell me that’s a port of the old Hasbro PC game. I’m all over that if so. What better way to spend a 2 1/2 hour flight.

I haven’t played the PC version, but this is a port of the original Hasbro (technically, Milton Brothers) boardgame.

It’s actually a decent port:

Man I’m all over that. Way back in my pre-internet life I was a card and board game player in a group of misfits. Weren’t we all? Though we played some much more serious titles as well, A&A held a special place as a beer and pretzels style game where we tried every strategy under the sun and had a million different house rules and/or winning conditions we set. I’ve played several hundred games of it as a board game, probably more by myself using that old Hasbro PC game. Sadly the AI in the PC game was mediocre.

Still fun for a single-session game like that.

Great thread - I use my iPad for browsing, playing a couple of word games and reading so it seems like a good idea to grab a two or three really good games for the funz. I know these games aren’t that expensive but being… uh… thrifty, I’m curious: do these things still go on sale periodically? Or should I just knuckle under and spend my $2, $5, or $10 on a couple of games?

Can only comment on Android, but Google play occassionally has price drops on games. If the game looks interesting add it to your Google Play wishlist, I don’t think it has a notification function but I just check the wishlist every week or so to catch those bargains. I’d assume Apple would have something equivalent.

There are websites which track discounts.

For Android I know of no other than this one:

Are there others?

Edit: I guess there’s this one also (I have it as an app, didn’t know it was a website :P)

Bad North just came out on Android.
Elder Scrolls: Legends has a great Android version.

For iOS, Asmodee games go very often on sale on batch, much more rarely their DLCs.
Other games usually go on sale a couple of times a year. Notably, 2K’s games get crazy discount around the end of year time.
Trese Bros games don’t go that often on sale, and at a lesser discount… but since I got their releases, I don’t know the situation the last couple of years.

These.

Twilight Struggle can’t be recommended as a single player game though.

When the player sucks (i.e., me) playing against the AI is just fine.

I’ll fight the wrongness of this affirmation to the death! En garde, sir!

Can confirm.

This one too https://www.reddit.com/r/googleplaydeals/

No thanks, I also suck at real life sword dueling.

You can get around this easily. VPN to the US and grab it. We do this all the time in QA testing at work. You just have to spoof that you are in the country.

You probably need an US payment method as well. Most American pay services require one nowadays.

Not sure if mentioned yet, all of the Pixel Dungeon games.