Good USB soundbars out there?

Looking for a decent portable sound system for low to moderate volume movie watching or gaming at the PC or laptop, only I do not want it to be Bluetooth (my phone and router irradiate me enough already, not to mention the neighbours’ ).
Sitting pretty close to the screen (and sound system) you can hear that white noise of the analogue variants (those with the green 3.5 mm audio jack), so I figure the sound must be transmitted digitally and amplified locally, meaning USB…
My Logitech Z-205 died a few months ago, very good sound, clear, strong, small package, just one USB cable. Loved it. Looked for another. Found none any more (at least in decent price ranges).

Tried some Dell/Lenovo all USB soundbars … you can hear white noise at 1 meter away on minimal volume so…unacceptable.

Outside some chinese things on Amazon/eBay etc, all others are Bluetooth, which I reject for the stated reason.

So, if any of you were as picky as I am on this topic, risked the purchase and found that the product is worth its money, please let me know!

I didn’t realize my Bluetooth devices were irradiating me.

Nobody tell him about the vast amount of electromagnetic radiation he’s receiving anyway.

That’s right, nobody tell me about the nice and variated EM dose we get each day from about all electronics, the closer to the brain, the better.
Decided using headsets all day llong may not be such a good ideea, due to hearing issues and also nice metallic antennae loosely connected to a thing that usually works in MHz-GHz frequency range…

Oh, well, it seems there are still some Z205’s still available. Yey…or is it?!?
https://www.ebay.com/p/Logitech-Laptop-Speaker-Z205-Computer-Speakers/114824318?iid=302856919014&rt=nc#UserReviews

Junk science.

Technobabble on demand, that. Who said all those? Who is quoted? What studies?
a) at the basic level, this EM range is not our natural environment. That deplored ozone layer had a role, you know. Depends on each one how we interpret that.
b) why do the medical technicians have those protective clothes and why do they leave the room while you get X-Rayed? Cause they’re shy and not because every tiny bit rises your body absorbed amount. You live under some powerlines or just near those mobile antennae and see how soon you get something good…
c) sure, household devices radiate just a bit but you live there all day and they work in GHz ranges which considering harmonics, get near the X-Ray domain. Take all those sources in agregate. That’s not negligible any more.
d) on a overpopulated planet, plus one dominated by consumerism, fueling your technological development at the expense of your population is a non-issue. Hell, it’s even better if the older segments die sooner, you have plenty more.

Can we go back on topic, please?

Your topic is spreading total junk science, as are all of your above points. I’m not just going to let that slide. Are you an anti-vaxer, too?

In any case, bluetooth is something like 2.5 mW at 30ft. That’s hundreds of times less radiation than a lightbulb.

Do you own a microwave, because that’s something like 700 W flying around your kitchen every time it’s on.

Also, going to need a citation on “harmonics” that turn household electronic emissions into X-rays.

Well, if you cannot let it slide, let’s start a private conversation. I do have some background in this area so it should prove informative for you. Stop trolling my post, please.

Why does supplying your evidence of extreme claims of the dangers of electromagnetic radiation need to be private? If you believe it, convince the rest of us.

Pick two.

Simple. it is not the topic of this post.

why not just go for an audio connection? If you dont want wireless then wont those have a regular input jack?

@Ex-SWoo, the regular jack signal is analogue and mixed with a lot of noise that is then amplified to audible levels (for sound systems that do not cost a house, that is). The Mp3 etc is already digital (noiseless, sort of) so using a digital cable (USB) should maintain that noise down (depends how well they do it).
It’s been already done, seems to not be trendy anymore so I was asking around if you guys know of a reasonable such product.

From the very article you dismissed out of hand:

Cell phones and cancer: what is the evidence for a connection?
Brain tumour risk in relation to mobile telephone use: results of the INTERPHONE international case-control study
Use of mobile phones and risk of brain tumours: update of Danish cohort study
Cellular Phones, Cordless Phones, and the Risks of Glioma and Meningioma (Interphone Study Group, Germany)

Going out on a very short limb I’m going to have to say you’re not actually interested in evidence. Your gut is a much more reliable source of truthiness.

To preempt:

Hopefully not via argument from authority. Your own peer-reviewed publications would be nice, though!

Also going to assume you’re not familiar with how topic threads tend to go around here :D

I do not believe you. Or at least, I do not believe your “background” in this area will prove more informative than the entire body of established actual science.

In case you’re wondering, the reason I’m “trolling” this post is because you’re trying to just flippantly get away with establishing junk science. This is how these sorts of things become “common knowledge.” Either provide evidence that refutes established research or take your bullshit elsewhere, IMO.

What the heck man? This isn’t going to get other kids sick like anti-vaccination people.

He wants a recommendation for USB soundbars. I’m not getting out the pitchforks because he’s got different ideas about EMF than I do, and I can’t believe how quickly the rest of you decided this is a hill to die on.

@Menzo Since when is your job counter junk science police and what elevated you there? I’ll grant you one thing, you do know bombastic “entire body of established actual science”. That reads like the proclamation of independence!

In the absence of hard data, anyone can use logic to assess and counter arguments. If you have to poke me, poke me in that manner.

But this post is derailed, already. May it RIP :D

No credentials are required to call bullshit on fake science. You are the one who is trying to get us to believe that consumer electronics are harmful or else you wouldn’t have included that info in your post. You also appear to believe that there is a worldwide conspiracy involving government regulators, scientists, and consumer electronics manufacturers to suppress evidence that you say you have but won’t reveal, because, according to you, the world is overpopulated and this cabal wants to cull the population with EM radiation.

Does it have to be USB? There seems to be a division between PC speakers and Home Theater speakers, where the latter use HDMI to transmit audio and video date to a receiver, which the soundbar can sit in the middle of.

It looks like you’re really looking for a small form factor unibody speaker, rather than a “soundbar” i think. You’re probably best looking for a “bluetooth” speaker that has a USB in.

Admittedly this may not be as precedent setting nor scientifically sound.