Goodbye, Aliens: Colonial Marines

Aliens: Colonial Marines and Aliens vs. Predator (2010) have been de-listed from Steam. They’ll stay in your library if you have them, and you can buy codes for them through other retailers like Amazon, but you cannot buy them directly through Steam. Once the third-party code supply is gone, that will be it.

Sega purchased the franchise license back in 2006, but apparently has opted to refund the Aliens and AvP titles while keeping the rights to Alien.

AvP Classic was published directly by Rebellion and remains available on Steam.

I own a collectible? Nice…

Aw man, now I kind of want it.

Wow, its a collectors item now, watch prices go up!

This just reminds me of the gift copies I have of Universe at War and Storm: Frontline Nation. Both of those got nuked off Steam and the forums for them have no shortage of people clamoring for copies.

What do I gotta do to get Universe at War from ya, Otagan? ;)

That game doesn’t take place in space so I am forbidden from giving you a copy.

Boo sir, boo AND hiss.

Storm: Frontline Nation has been on sale at Amazon for $0.49, so if you don’t own it, really, you didn’t want it.

How the heck can a game called “Universe At War” NOT take place in space???

Because I left off the subtitle. Full name is Universe at War: Earth Assault. The entire game takes place on Earth where three factions from said universal war are duking it out. Humanity kinda gets caught in the middle and has to try to not die.

That’s what I paid for the couple I have so that’s about right.

Universe at War is no longer available on Steam? It must have been the GFWL thing it was yoked with. I really enjoyed UaW even though it wasn’t a particularly sophisticated RTS. Many concepts from the game seem to have worked their way into Grey Goo (perhaps the least appealing game name i’ve ever heard). It also had a great soundtrack.

Good news for masochists! Colonial Marines is back up!

Well now I don’t want it anymore.

Just remember, today’s collector’s item is tomorrow’s annoying chore for your children after you die.

Jeeze, the hundreds of copies I picked up from Amazon to sell as collector’s editions are worthless now! Worthless! GABEN RUINED MY LIFE!

:)

Colonial Marines is fine on the PC.

Aside from being a shitty game, I guess it’s fine.

I couldn’t find a official thread for this game, so I’ll leave this here.

AI Mod to try and salvage the game.

LOL Gearbox.