Goodbye too my uncle Mike

So last (Sun.) night at 7:40 pm my family lost my uncle. He had been very sick for some time and became unresponsive to pain stimuli on wed. morning. There was massive swelling in his brain as well as a stroke that occured over the course of the next few days.

It was very sad but according to his wishes he was taken of life support on sunday morning. He hung on under his own steam for a bit, but finally passed on later that evening. This is a sad time for all of us, and Mike will be missed.

Jeez, I’m sorry to hear that man.

Condolences, man.

My condolences.

Thanks guys, Mikes life was something of an enigma and none of us were every really clear as to what he was up to. Though I do know he was involved in computer programming for granite etching machines. Several months ago a friend of his flew him back home in a single prop as a result of his illness. He was very gaunt and it was pretty clear even then that he was unlikely to improve much. He had developed diabetes and was having pretty severe heart troubles.

Even though he certainly lived his life pretty independent from the rest of us I’m glad his friends relaised how sick he was and got him back to VT so he could be with the family again for the end.

My only real memories of him revolve around the few Aapine skiing outings we shared, so here’s hoping he’s off too enlessy sunny days and bottomless champaign powder!

my condolences.

Sorry to hear of your loss. I’m watching my father slowly fade away and it sucks to say the least. My condolences to you and your family.

Sorry to hear of your loss, Blue Guyute. I extend my sincere sympathy.