Goofy mind game

On another forum somone posted this -
http://mr-31238.mr.valuehost.co.uk/assets/Flash/psychic.swf

Which is pretty simple and obvious, but the one below freaked me out. It doesn’t work for everyone and tends to fail with Europeans. But it give it a try. Do it fast, and if you cheat ahead or think it thru to long you only cheat yourself.

Follow the instructions! NO PEEKING AHEAD!

• There’s no trick or surprise.

• Just follow these instructions, and answer the questions one at a time
    and as quickly as you can!

• Again, as quickly as you can but don’t advance until you’ve done each of them … really.

Think of a number from 1 to 10

Multiply that number by 9

If the number is a 2-digit number, add the digits together

Now subtract 5

Determine which letter in the alphabet corresponds to the number you ended
up with

(example: 1=a, 2=b, 3=c,etc.)

Think of a country that starts with that letter

Remember the last letter of the name of that country

Think of the name of an animal that starts with that letter

Remember the last letter in the name of that animal

Think of the name of a fruit that starts with that letter

Are you thinking of a Kangaroo in Denmark eating an Orange?

How can a man so seemingly jaded and cynical post something so goddamn stupid? Did your mother-in-law forward this to you in an e-mail?

I am a sucker for mind tricks. Doing mind tricks and magic was the best part of being a bartender.

Chet

I thought it was the hookers, and the blowjobs?

If you want those, you join the game press.

Duhh, it is hard to come up with D countries, and that very old trick forces the 4 result for a D. Denmark then of course likely yields Kangaroo which then should probably result in the Orange. However, knowing the digit was going to be a 4 (and not thinking up any other D countries offhand) I went with a Kingfisher eating Raspberries :)

I got an Impala in Djiboui eating an Apple.

Capt. Obvious I am not.

Kitten in Denmark but couldn’t get a fruit. There are no fruits that start with N. Can you believe this oversite? What the heck were the fruit namers thinking of?

Cicada in Dominican Republic eating an Apple. Go figure.

Koala in Denmark eating an apple.

A cat in the Dominican Republic eating a tomato. But I’m an amorphous European-American, so I guess my answer is skewed.

A cow in Germany eating celery

I’m bad at math and I can’t spell :cry: :cry:

Well, it worked for me, anyway. I indeed got the Danish orange-eating kangaroo.

But then, I’m simple folk.

You don’t like Nectarines for a fruit that starts with N? OK I don’t like them all that much, but they’re there…

Thank you Miramon! My faith in the universe is once again restored; hope that never happens again.

WTF? I got an iguana in Dubai eating an apple. Should I seek help? Since Dubai isn’t a country and all.

-Tom

This got me, and I just did it to my wife and got her too! Cute trick.

I got stuck when I picked pi as my number between 1 and 10. But then, I work with a couple of people who genuinely believe that numerology works, so I have an inbuilt suspicion of any questions along the lines of “When were you born?”, “Pick a number…”, or “Why do you have all those guns?”