Google cricket game

For filling small gaps in my schedule this is a lot of fun:

Top score today is 182, I think 250 was my highest.

And for @tomchick 's benefit, this is not rounders.

Alex

Thread is nothing without proof!

Thank you for making this thread! I was going to try to find an old Cricket game thread to resurrect.

I do like it. It’s a shame that you can’t do the other side too, i.e. bowling. You only do the batting in this one. But I like the ball physics and such. Nice little game.

If the snails ever put in a square leg I’m going to be in a lot of trouble.

I just got 81.

What the hell is Cricket?! I knew what a Cricket bat was, sure, I’ve seen movies before, but it turns out I have zero idea what is actually happening in this sport?

Forget it Scott, it’s Cricket-town.

You should probably just turn and run away right now. While there’s still time.

Is it possible to hit the ball in the air? I certainly can’t do it.

Yes. If you hit it in the air and out of the field you get six runs!

I mean, I understand that as a concept. Is it something about where you click or timing or what? Everything I hit is on the ground.

Yep, timing.

It also seems to depend somewhat on the delivery. If the Snail sends a quick one down short of a length then it’s much easier to hoik it over cow corner. The dibbly dobblers that bite on a length and turn through off are much harder to send to the rope.

Those leggies gave me some trouble for my first couple of games.

Finally got done by a grubber, where was the no-ball call, ump?

I love the animations in this. It’s pretty fun, though I think my failing comes from getting bored and my subconscious “lets me off the hook” by making me mrs-click (mr. click’s asshole wife).

Things were splendid until my side took a downie after a 4,6,6 and the smacker bagged a wee marsher, putting the other side’s try behind both the aft wickets! Final score: twentington.

My brain is immune to understanding cricket.

Pretty cool superpower, right?

+1 Like.

Nice work buddy, that’s concentration for you. I usually get done trying to drive a yorker to silly point.

Its like baseball but actually good.