Google Fi not working today for others?

Woke up to find I have no bars and they haven’t come back. May be confined to my local tower in the Overlook neighborhood of Portland but wonder if others are seeing similar.

No issues with Google Fi here in the DC area.

I don’t know what phone you have, but I had some similar problems after traveling abroad earlier this year. On my Pixel 4a, here’s what I had to do (after being instructed to turn airplane mode on and off and that doing nothing):

1. Swipe up on the Home screen.
  2. Choose Settings .
  3. Select System .
  4. Touch Advanced .
  5. Choose Reset options .
  6. Select Reset Wi-Fi, mobile, & Bluetooth .
  7. Tap Reset settings

This lost all my wi-fi and bluetooth settings, but also reset the cellular network stuff, which resulted in my getting connectivity back.

Thanks. Actually I’ve since got a bit of signal back, and my WiFi is fine. Still, I did it and it didn’t help.

Restarted my phone and it may have been just coincidence but it came back, albeit weakly. I think there’s just a problem with the local tower.

Another google product they haven’t improved in years and will likely shut down

If we’re just making things up my uncle works at Google and said Fi will be around for eleventy billion more years.

The weird thing about all this is that, despite the icon showing I have no service, I’m able to text people just fine and I even called my own landline (yes I’m of a certain age) and the call went through.

I’m not knocking it. I wish it would be better but it’s yet another Google product that’s languished.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I’ve been on Fi for 6+ years now. They’ve been slow in adding features but they now have a shared friends/family plan with unlimited data at a reasonable cost. New phones are still being added, from budget Moto devices up to the flagship Samsungs.

People have been telling me it’s going to shut down for at least 5 years now and it’s still chugging along. Reports of Fi’s demise are greatly exaggerated.

Let’s hope they stay that way!

Well, whatever yesterday’s problem was has been resolved–I have the full triangle on my Pixel 5a.

I was just coming here to report the same issue, and when I saw @Papageno’s post for a second I thought I’d already reported it and forgot. I live in the same neighborhood now and I’ve been experiencing the exact same issues since I got here. Did they go away for you?

You’re in Overlook too?

I haven’t had any problems with my service recently, apart from one a month back maybe where I was getting incoming texts but none of my outgoing ones were being sent. Turns out I had to update my Google Messages app.

Yeah, scouted and moved here in March to be closer to my daughter in Beaverton. Great neighborhood. Been thinking about contacting Google to find out more about the issue, but it sounds like it self-corrected for you.