Google has your credit card history and is tracking you

Well, 70% of you that are Americans. Once again, if you aren’t the customer, you’re the product. This makes me really want to shift away from Gmail.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-switch/wp/2017/07/30/googles-new-program-to-track-shoppers-sparks-a-federal-privacy-complaint/?utm_term=.0ebaae2415ec

To do this, Google said it had obtained access to the credit and debit card records of 70 percent of U.S. consumers. It had then developed a mathematical formula that would anonymize and encrypt the transaction data, and then automatically match the transactions to the millions of U.S. users of Google and Google-owned services such as Gmail, search, YouTube and maps. This approach prevents Google from accessing the credit or debit card data for individuals.

But the company did not disclose the mathematical formula it uses to protect consumers’ data. In a statement, Google said it had taken pains to build custom encryption technology that ensures the data the company receives remains private and anonymous.

Trust us!

How hard is per user CC transaction data to get a hold of? Obviously not as hard as I thought.

I wonder if there are any good alternatives left that Google won’t destroy if Google feels they’re getting in the way of their business…

Don’t you have email accounts you can use from your internet provider? That’s what I’ve always done.

Hahahahahahahah. Hahahah. Hah. Ha .

Doesn’t half the country get stuck using Comcast or some other evil empire? This isn’t a solution, sadly.