Goonsquad investigating murder

Dang. Closed to non-registered lurkers now.

Try going around 3am. I’ve come out of clubs and stepped in pools of blood and vomit in that neighborhood. My friend was badly assaulted in SoMa, too. Standing in an alley in the wee hours covered in my friend’s blood didn’t make me feel very safe.

Okay, granted. But where would you feel safe covered in blood and vomit?

I’m just saying that even at night, I’ve felt safer there than in many other places.

When it happens in Glen Park or Noe Valley, you’re in the wrong place at the wrong time. When it happens in the Mission or in SoMa or the Tenderloin, it’s just part of being in the neighborhood. I just can’t imagine feeling safe walking through areas like that even in the best circumstances.

He’ll have his side suto proficiency to protect him.

How come no one here has ever been permabanned for murder?

Wow, they’re tough with the bans there at SA:

09/26/07 12:36pm Lowtax making GBS threads up Helldump. User loses posting privileges for 6 hours. Lowtax Lowtax

As long as you don’t spam the board about it or shill for your memoirs, it’s okay?

Because no one has met you IRL yet?

The reason dead goons and goons that commit crimes that receive attention get permabanned is so that people won’t try to hack their account for GBS superstardom. Apparently that used to be an issue.

That’s not a ban, that’s a probation. It just means that user was unable to post for 6 hours. Probation is given out for minor infractions like blatant threadshitting or catchphrasery. Using “I for one welcome our new ___ overlords!” as the entire content of your post would probably net you 12 hours of probation, for instance. As would the now distressingly common on QT3 trend of using “tl;dr”.

Bannings are reserved for people that get probation a LOT or a major rules infraction like, say, scam someone in SA Mart. This actually requires that the user re-purchase their account.

Permabans prevent you from ever registering another account on the SA forums. If the user manages to get back in somehow and is rediscovered, their new account will also be permabanned.

There used to be an amusing ban called the Hellban, where you could post, but your posts would not be visible to anyone else on the forums. Oh, and I think FYAD had a ban called the GBS Train, where all your posts would go to GBS instead of in FYAD.

I never feel safe anywhere as THEY are lurking around every corner waiting to pounce on you unsuspecting, London/Detroit/SF dwellers.

tl;dr

Not true!

I have no idea what any of those acronyms you used are.

You be careful mister or I’ll send you to FYAD instead of GBS.

We have had someone on the boards who was the victim of one (not actually murdered, but their spouse was.)

The thread relating to it was immediately locked because the first person that posted in reply, iirc, shat all over it.

That sort of shit wouldn’t fly these days, they’d be totally reported.

This is a stupidly blatant money grab. But anyone willing to pay for a forum account is asking for that kind of treatment, I suppose.

Tom’s said repeatedly that he just doesn’t ban people for a single offense. If you do something objectionable, he’ll PM you about it and ask you to stop.

Mass murder or serial killing would probably get you permabanned, though.

How about the serial killing of mass murderers, a la Dexter? Would that get someone permabanned?