Gotham Knights: is the game or the TV show worse?

I didn’t even know there was a TV show!

What the fresh hell is this?

It looks like a CW TV show. Any input on it, have you seen it, trailers, anything? It’s ok for people to make media that doesn’t cater to your tastes.

I started watching this b/c of youse guys here and… it’s OK-ish, at least in the first episode. But I can’t imagine it’s actually any good long term. But I’ll finish this episode.

Oh so it’s not marketing synergy with or based on the game at all?

I know nothing about the game but this seems to be squarely in the CW / DC / Arrowverse-adjacent space, similar to Titans or Doomsday Patrol, but VERY CW.

I watched it for Misha.

So far, it’s not as good as the best of the Arrowverse stuff, but better than the worst of it.

But it was only one episode.

Max has this streaming, all 13 episodes, so I gave it a try. It feels like the CW folks watched Gotham and thought, hey, there’s still a market for this, let’s recreate that feel. No Batman, young hot people running around the dirty old city, some crazy bad people, bigtime conspiracy of the powerful…a lot of the same ingredients as Gotham had. They were apparently wrong, since it got cancelled after this one season. I thought it was fine as far as CW comic shows go, but it was certainly not as good as Stargirl or the first few seasons of Arrow and Flash.