Gothic, Risen... ELEX

They have changed Jax’s voice actor, which is a little disappointing. The original dude grew on me over the course of the game.

I guess they made the mage chick romance canon. No clerics? They always seem to be the most willing to fight whatever the threat would be.

I don’t twitch but this guy seems to be playing the game…

I wish they’d hire a new translator. The English is always so stilted. It’s not a hard thing to get right.

Jax looks and sounds super weird. Dammit

There are no icons on the map but you can add your own. Quite like that, if I’ve understood correctly :)

From a similar stream here: GronkhTV - Alle Streams an einem Ort around the 3:31:51 mark.

You understood correctly! What I am not so fond of is that I can’t add text to the markers. Because at some point after I have placed a gazillion icons I wont remember what’s what.

Is there a release date for this? It seems fairly close now that they’re giving out preview builds.

From the video the game looks the same as Elex 1 mechanically. Maybe better UI? The UI in Elex was really bad with the localization for descriptions being just flat out wrong.

Jax looks even younger and they have given him a younger sounding voice. Odd choice.

‘Coming soon’

Yeah, pretty much. And that’s the biggest crime here, wasted potential. The things Elex does/did sound great on paper, but once you start playing you see how far behind the times it is. If they’d at least clean up the combat, improve animations and actually work on balance the game would be 300% better. Alas, Eurojank might have had its appeal when I was younger, but these days I simply don’t have enough time to waste on subpar games.

I pulled through and finished Elex. The balance is definitely ridiculous. Worse then Risen which I felt had a bunch better power curve. Elex is too hard until you get a good enough weapon, then it shifts hard in the other direction to too easy.

Weapon damage is like 90% of what matters, with the rest of skills being only like 10%,

Could be spoilery

Looks like a March 1st release.

Oh wow, a trailer for a Piranha Bytes game that is…actually pretty good! Never thought I’d see the day. Their trailers have been traditionally so terrible.

Game looks great, though I hope that flying will be somehow limited and hard to get…

Does ELEX2 deserve its own thread?

Apparently not!

Does it need it? This thread is the top result for ‘Elex 2’, and it doesn’t seem talk of the sequel is squashing conversation about the first game in here.

Duras will remember that.

Someone just needs to rename the thread to the plural of ELEX?

Gothic, Risen…ELEXES (?)