Gran Turismo Sport - Not GT7, more like GT Casual

Only if I can clamp it on a tv stand at the appropriate height, but I’m not sure if it’s worth the trouble of attempting to get the right setup over just bringing it back. Guides on table clamping suggest it needs a bit more solidity to it than a tv stand alone can offer, and I’ve nothing else that would work in the living room. It’s not as if I play other racing games; GT is the only series I’ve ever played.

Yeah if it’s only one game you can probably get by with the controller just fine.

I used to have my Driving Force GT on a tv stand. I had to put rubber feet on it so it wouldn’t slide on the carpet, but after that minor modification it was great. I think you’d be fine unless you are particularly rough on things.

This game is out today, right?

I envy those of you doing the driver’s license tests today. Let us know what you think as you play through the game with the various vehicles, especially whether or not the only thing that matters for each vehicle is what class of vehicle it is, or if each vehicle within the class is also quite different.

Oh no.

Yeah this isn’t ideal but the expected doom-saying is a bit much. The game is clearly designed and focused on the online racing experience. Those servers need to be up to access pretty much all the content? So be it. I haven’t seen any reports of launch day server issues so let’s just wait and see how they perform in the wild.

I really enjoyed the limited amount I played with the beta so purchased and downloading. Hopefully the servers stay up.

Haven’t installed yet, but I’m a little disappointed that my GT Sport pre-order from Amazon didn’t come with the pre-order bonus of the 3 Car Pack: -Toyota FT-1 Vision GT Group 3 -Peugeot 908 HDi FAP LMP1 -Ford Mustang Group B Rally Car and $500,000 In-Game Credit that they stated when I ordered it in June. Amazon will, so far, only say that the promotion expired (well, yeah, the game released today and it was a promotion for pre-orders for Prime members). Not a great start. Combined with that wheel fiasco of my own making, I’m not having a positive vibe heading into it.

That’s weird, I got an email the day the game shipped from Amazon with the promotion code.You spoke with customer service and they claimed the promotion expired? I bought the game just a few days ago and got the code.

Well, this is Amazon.ca, so I’m not surprised it’d be a different experience for you if you dealt with Amazon.com. After an hour with customer service, they said they’d have to get someone in their tech support for games department to email me in 1-2 days about it.

Ah yeah ok that makes sense. If I had seen your post a little earlier o would have just given you my code but I already redeemed it. I have the deluxe version with the 8 cars and million credits which I think is probably enough.

Thanks for the thought. But really, I’m more upset about a company misrepresenting their promotions than I am about missing out on the promotion itself. But hey, let’s get back to GT talk. Mine’s currently slowly downloading a 12 GB update so watching the minutes tick by.

I’m waiting for the kids to go to bed so I can maybe get 30 mins in. Hoping to play a lot more this weekend. I’m already enjoying the Scapes and race screen shots people are putting out.

I downloaded the digital regular edition and it seems like they rolled 1.02 into it because I had not pre-downloaded. I’m only up to level 5 but it seems ok. The driving lessons start out very simple. Maybe the featured videos describe or say less than I expected. The game looks nice, but I’m not blown away (yet). With time maybe I will search around more and find details that impress me I just haven’t thought to look for.

I might have to figure out how to add you all and see what kind of friends/community options there are in this game. I haven’t played since GT5 on the PS3.

I would think it would just integrate right into PSN friends list right?

Update: Amazon sent me an email with a promotion code this morning in response to my hour-long talk with them yesterday. It works, so that’s solved.

Didn’t get much driving in yesterday, just reminding myself how to use the controller and adjusting to steering sensitivity by doing the lessons. I find the interface extremely small and nearly unreadable on my 46” tv, so may have to figure out a way to adjust the UI or my seating position.

Working my way through all the driving lessons (because I’m a completionist and I’d do them even if I was an expert). However, now it’s saying the network is down for maintenance and to check gran-turismo.com for status. Of course, I can’t find any status pages on gran-turismo.com and since I can’t connect, I can’t play anymore. So that’s the second day of limited driving.

At least I like what I’ve done so far.

So been playing pretty much exclusively this since it came out and this is my favorite racing game ever by far. The physics model is not perfect (the cars are maybe just a bit too slippery) but it nails the fun factor. The online racing is just awesome, I finally won my first race today and it was a complete rush. It’s true that there are still some rough races at the lower SR levels but once you get out of that it’s so good. I really hope the user base stays strong on this one because racing where everyone is racing clean and the competition is tight is really great.

Oh and did I mention this game has the most addictive photo mode of any game ever? The Scapes mode (where you put rendered cars in actual photos) is really cool and it’s really easy to make some really realistic looking photos. The replays are really good and you can watch the winners replays to see their line and what they do better than you.

Yes there isn’t as much “content” as games like Forza, PC2 or previous GT games but I’m positive they will add content in the future and I would argue that the online racing is better and more varied than any other game on consoles. If you have a PS4, like cars or racing games you need to own this!

Yeah, I’d expect you’ll still be getting updates for GT Sport for years. The Topic for this thread sure is ironic as it turns out the final game is way more hardcore than ever, rather than being a diluted casual experience.

Yeah very different from the initial looks. I’m not sure I’d say this is a “hardcore” game though. It’s much more accessible than say PC2 or Assetto Corsa which I would put firmly in the hardcore category.