Gran Turismo Sport - Not GT7, more like GT Casual

Came back for me around the time you posted. Have you tried again?

Hopefully it’s back up for me today. :)

Still isn’t online for me… Wtf.

Yeah, no love for me either. :(

Seems it went back down today. Just tried to jump into it and no luck. They have an announcement up about the issue this time, at least:

Currently we are experiencing an unstable connection from the Gran Turismo Sport servers to the PlayStation Network servers.

Because of this, an error message is displayed notifying that the game cannot connect to the network.

For the time being, we have found that in some cases it is still possible to bypass the issue and connect to the server by ignoring the correction error messages and going to the top screen, then trying to manually “Reconnect to the Network” a few times.

Please wait while we investigate the cause of this issue together with the PlayStation Network.
We apologize for the inconvenience caused to our users.

I hope I get a sweet free car for my trouble. An Enzo would be nice. :)

Servers were back up long enough for me to get my daily workout in. Another free car. Geeeesh. It’s a good thing you can’t sell the gift cars because I’d be rolling in credits about now. I can’t even be bothered to buy many cars (I bought 3 so far) because I get so many gifts. There’s no point in spending the credits on vehicles yet without knowing if I’m going to be gifted the vehicle later anyway.

I’m on hold with the missions because my next race is a 30 lap endurance that’ll take an hour or so. Since motion sickness has the potential to settle in much earlier than that, and I don’t have a lot of time to race, I have to time doing it at the right moment. Meanwhile, still some circuit ones I don’t have gold in, so those are on tap, and the new GT League is eating up some time.

Looks like the issue is sorted out. Back to car farming and learning tracks. :)

Redbox is having a halloween sale. You can get a used copy of this game for $20. Not quite in the price range I want yet.

Plus the few games I have from Redbox, I hate the look of them. Basically they give the game to you in one of those little red rental cases, which is such a ugly thing to have in your collection. No game case, no manual, so it’s not like getting a used game from Gamefly that looks pristine. But anyway, you get the game, and that’s all you really need. So if it’s cheap enough, it’s worth putting up with having a really ugly redbox jewelcase.

Looks like GT Sport has been adding lots of additional cars lately, and in December they added Leguna Seca to the game. Which makes me ask: how was Leguna Seca not already in the game? Hasn’t that been in every Gran Turismo game up to now?

Anyway, it looks like all this content is free for owners of the game, so that’s nice. It’s a shame the PS4 never got a proper Gran Turismo game. Maybe PS5 will get one?

Meanwhile, the game is now $20 on PSN, but hasn’t been on sale in the last few sales. I guess they’re making up for that with all the free content they’ve been releasing. So maybe I should eventually bite the bullet. If I get through my PS4 backlog this year, then I’ll get it at $20, full price.

Did Leguna have some exclusive deal with another game at some point that only just expired? I know the licensing stuff gets super weird with driving game.

It’s Laguna.

The track has had some operating issues recently and I’m sure that played a role in the licensing. No one’s even sure it’ll still be there in ten years the way it’s been going. Hopefully that’s not the case.

Trying to install this, and it requires way more space than I was anticipating. I deleted a whole bunch of PS4 games I haven’t played yet to make room. I didn’t want to delete the big ones I had installed (God of War, Spider-Man, Horizon: Zero Dawn, Uncharted Collection), because I kind of sort of wanted to play them at some point. So I deleted a whole bunch of smaller games. But no, despite taking up 110Gb, and having more than 60Gb of empty space, it says it doesn’t have enough room for the update to GT Sport.

Gah, fine, I’ll delete Spider-Man. I’ll probably not play that anyway, save it for one day play it on PS5 maybe. Now it downloaded a 3.5Gb update for the game and is sloooooooowly “copying update file”. What the heck? I’m guessing there’s got to be more than just a 3.5Gb update since it refused to even start without more than 60Gb of free space. This is taking forever. It’s been copying the update file for over 10 minutes now and it looks like it’s about 10% done.

Servers shutting down in January.

IIRC you had to be online to make any progress. Hopefully that’s changed.

Ah darn. I bought this game last year on sale. I guess I need to actually play it some more. It was pretty boring so far. Not as interesting as a regular GT game.