Grand Theft Auto: Arrested

You should just follow him and don’t worry about killing him on the bike. He’ll eventually meet up with the rest of his crew and you can fight them on land. As for mission restarts, take a taxi if you don’t want to deal with the long drive to get the mission started.

So I’m doing the mission early in where you chase the biker boyfriend down on a bike. I’m shooting the crap out of him and he sneezes off every bullet(seemingly). Is this one of those missions where you just have to follow him to whatever rendevouz point the mission scripts? I’ve failed so many times because I can’t get a grasp of this dirt bike handling and spin out/crash/suck at keeping pace. First real mission I’ve been really annoyed by, mostly because of the long drive to restart the chase…and then fail ten seconds after it begins.

I had trouble with that one too. What I finally ended up doing was ditching the bike and chasing him down in a car. You have to wait until he and his biker buddies stop in the park to attack but, hey, now you have a car.

I was pretty disappointed I couldn’t operate the forklift.

Would’ve been cool to put some friends in a bin in multiplayer and drive them around with the forklift like an APC.

I’d be playing The Godfather or some JRPG right now if I didn’t have unfinished business in Liberty City. Godfather is great fun,
as long as you play with a proper gamepad. I couldn’t imagine playing any GTA-like game on a keyboard.

Here’s an admittedly goofy wish: cheat the day night cycle so it’s daytime longer. The game is really at it’s most beautiful in daylight, at night a lot of the awesome lighting is gone and you’re left with a blurry dark world that could be mistaken for a last gen GTA in some cases.

I don’t think that’s a goofy wish. Though I think some of the lighting at night is pretty nice.

In multiplayer I’m pretty sure you can select a time and it will stay that, if that’s any consolation.

Star Junction at night is the best looking part of the game.
(and extra cool if at max drunkenness and taking a cab ride through it.)

Oh yeah, and the bridges all lit up as you fly by, reflecting in the water, it’s definitely not all bad at night. But even the boring parts of town look good in the afternoon, while at night they’re just dreary and bland. Every time I load my game and go charging out of my safehouse, I’m a little sad if it’s night time, and a little happy if it’s day.

And man, I could just fly around in the helicopter looking at the city for hours. Are there more than two types of helicopters? I’ve only seen the Maverick (and the tour variant) and the police chopper.

Take a boat ride around town at night… its really lovely. =) P.S. I smiled fondly when I figured out that the current actually felt like I was riding in my old boat. Bouncy coming in, calm going out…

Every time I load my game and go charging out of my safehouse, I’m a little sad if it’s night time, and a little happy if it’s day.

Heh, I have this same reaction.

They really managed to make boating an awesome experience, rather than the occasionally tedious chore of previous versions …

The absence of jetskis remains odd. If they don’t appear in GTA4.33: Vice City: City Harder, I think it’ll cross the border from odd to baffling.

I’m having the exact opposite reaction to the day/night cycles - I looooove the way the city looks at night, whereas I find the daylight seems more pixellated (especially the under-the-bridge shadows). Are you guys playing on LCD/plasma screens or regular CRTs?

Also, I really, really hope they do a Vice City sequel in this engine. Vice City was easily my favourite city of the series.

Yes please.
Garish colours in HD and set in the late 80s early 90s musicwise and I’d never play anything else.

I’m on a regular CRT (for now). Even there I can see what you mean about the shadows being sort of pixelly-low res, but I prefer lots of dynamic lighting, even if low res, to the relative same-ness of everything at night. So I understand what you’re saying, but this being the internet, I think I have to hate you.

Fair enough.

Jetskis will be buyable, along with a jetski armor pack.

Sweet. Where do I enter my credit card number?

-Tom

I’ll hold off until the DLC consisting of ringtones. Also, wrong number calls that slowly turn into an arc of Lazlow stalking you.

I can think of a few that would stand out as DLC. A garage, and purchasable cars that always respawn in it. Maybe even dip into SR type content and have things to alter a cars appearance or ride. More clothes or looks for Nico, more date locations and rewards.

The game is pretty wide open for DLC. I’m with Drastic though, if it’s nothing but ringtones and a mission or two then they get a big fat failure for realizing the potential of GTA4 fan online purchases.