Grand Theft Auto: Arrested

While we’re talking about technical issues, my 360 is scratching the shit out of my disc. GTA4 went straight from the brand new case into the 360. I took it out for the first time ever today to play some Rock Band, and the thing is covered in shallow little scratches, like hundreds of them, in a spirograph pattern. WTF!

This happened to me: Quick tip about talking to technical support. You might get a person who barely speaks English, who’s reading off a script, and the script tells them that you have to have scratched two discs. They figure one might be a fluke, so they want you to put in a second disc, to see if it scratches that too. At that point I decided to lie and say I already tried a second disc and it got scratched too. There was no way I was going to scratch a second disc for which I didn’t have a same day receipt.

Aw, man, I just got this message from Stevie and I can’t figure anything out from the cell phone picture. I presume that’s a “Swingers” sign in the background, behind the Comet. The skyline doesn’t help. Also, what’s a “golf club”? I know what the object is, but the location is baffling me. A store? A country club? A meeting hall? A bar?

I drove around the classy area of Aldernay (Westdyke and Leftwood) looking for some sort of country club or golf store, but no luck. I’m thinking maybe there’s something in Dukes, either in Meadow Hills or Willis, so I’ll look around there next. Has anyone found this one? Am I missing something obvious, or is Stevie just throwing me a curve?

-Tom

Oh, also, since I’m achievement whoring, what are “hidden packages”? Are these the weapons, medkits, and armor scattered around the map?

-Tom

Pigeons. You need to kill 200 pigeons.

Isn’t that a separate achievement? I’m pretty sure there are separate pigeon and hidden package achievements.

-Tom

I believe that one’s in northern Algonquin. I had to consult a faq for that myself.

You’re missing something REALLY obvious. If you want me to, I can PM you the answer, but it’s so obvious, you’ll kick yourself. I suggest taking a helicopter tour around the city. You’ll more than likely spot something very obvious and think “duh, of course”.

EDIT: And by helicopter tour, I do mean steal one and fly around the city yourself.

As far as I can see, there’s only the one.

Doh, there’s even a picture of a pigeon on the icon. Thanks, shadarr.

As for finding Swingers, I’ll take a look from on high. I even went so far as to check the fake Internet, but to no avail. There is a moderately funny Golf Lovers site, however.

-Tom

Ah-ha! Thanks, Rock8man. So awesome! Yet another cool example of Stevie’s quests showing me another ‘I had no idea that was there’ tidbit.

-Tom

And fueling your case for the city being an awesome place, I haven’t even started the cell phone car pick-ups, and I’d never actually driven up and been to been to the specific place we’re hinting at, but the city makes a great enough impression that I figured out exactly where we’re talking about just from reading along in the thread and fondly recalling my hours spent just flying around.

I tell ya…what the fuck is up with this last mission? Talk about shitty game design. Any hints for a frustrated gangster?

Erik J.

EDIT: Bah, I see how this goes now. How lame.

Rockstar’s website is showing some kind of Quarantine ad/announcement, leading to speculation that they’re adding some kind of Zombie game through DLC.

I cannot allow myself to get too excited about this, the disappointment would be too great. But thinking about a zombie outbreak in Liberty City, well that’s just about as cool a thing as I can think of – what if you could do the helicopter maneuver like in 28 Weeks Later, just lawnmower a bunch of 'em? And combat would change, the auto-aim goes for body shots, you’d have to manually aim for the head. Aw man, I’m letting myself get excited. Someone tell me how much this could suck.

You could have to take each of the zombies out on a series dates before you are allowed to kill them …

Zombies in faux-New York? That would get me playing GTA IV again. And shelling out 1500 spacebucks or whatever it would cost.

But think about the possibilities of a zombie girlfriend! Maybe you would have to keep her going with a steady supply of brains, so you’re either digging up corpses or making them, if you know what I mean. And then you could phone her up, because of course she’s got a cell phone, and you could unleash her on some gang lord, or the military, or whoever is keeping down the zombies.

Come on, man, you’re supposed to be helping keep my excitement in check. Tell me about how the zombies will be driving in bulletproof cars or something.

Would definitely pay for this, probably twice so I could play with my brother as well. Actually, what I meant to say is, I can’t wait to download this for free, please? (in case any GTAIV devs/publishers are reading this right now).

If this actually happens, I will laugh maniacally at everyone that sold their copy of GTA IV.