Gratuitous Space Battles

Ok, I noticed a banner ad at the top of the Qt3 forums for a game called ‘Gratuitous Space Battles’ and, even though I never click on ads, I just had to take a look because of the name.

The game itself looks interesting enough and I really like the opening line in the description…

“Gratuitous Space Battles aims to bring the over-the-top explodiness back into space games.”

Ah, over-the-top explodiness! Is there nothing you can’t solve?

If anyone here gives this game a try, please let me know. I’m curious.

Thanks.

~mink~

Is this a joke?

Edit: That was an asshole response. There is a 15 page thread here. It was made by our own cliffski, and you should go ahead and buy it right the fuck now to support him.

Nope. Real game.

~mink~

Mink has been on sabattical at a monastery with no Qt3 access. ;)

Dammit. I did a search before I started the thread too. Apparently searching ‘gratuitous’ isn’t good enough? Maybe I misspelled it or something. Sorry all.

~mink~

I think the only reason it was exxtra-funny is because that thread had been on the front page for quite a while. No need to apologize, we are all friends here…well, except for that Ben Sones, he is a dick.

Anything that isn’t an evony banner is fine with me, maybe we should figure out how much it would cost to pay for Gratitious banner for a month or 12 just so we can atleast have a game we like as ad on this site.

You are found guilty of not owning a copy of GSB. Your punishment is immediate subjection to 48 hours gaming within the DOTA community.

May a non-specific deity have mercy on your incorporeal form.

I support this concept.