Graveyard Keeper (bring out your dead)

First free DLC is out!

https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/#inbox/FMfcgxvzLNdFRxDQfrVmJLvFSTfqcKsx

Interesting read!

Anyone try the new free dlc I mentioned in the previous post?

Neat dev diary about the studio and what they are thinking of making next.

1.123 patch improves times to do things and reduces resource requirements/energy to make stuff!

Picked this up in the current tiny build bundle, its way better than Punch Club, still pretty grindy. ;)

Having to walk everywhere really adds to the play time, gotta get the underground tunnels cleared up asap.

You can make Speed Potions later helps a lot with the walking and they last for ages.

I just finished this yesterday I liked it, although a lot of the later game technologies I found I never needed.

There’s a teleport orb you can buy at the tavern.

I saw that, how does it work?

Ah yes the Teleport Stone is a must! Just buy it and right click in your inventory will give you a list of destinations. Has a cooldown though of course but it’s not too long.

Awesome, I have a plethora of beets and carrots to sell, just for such an occasion.

Yep Teleport Stone is great!

Working on getting my church interior fixed up so my sermons are more successful.

And finally my church is doing well, been so starved for faith XP.

Been slacking on the burial part of this game for the last 2 hours, but I am liking the cremation options!

Think I am gonna tap out, its just too grindy, I haven’t had fun in like 2 days of playing this.

The dungeon area is the worst of any dungeon in any game ever.

Yeah, I left off a while back. It’s not that it’s too grindy, not exactly. There’s just too much to do. Too many steps for each thing.

On that note, it was updated today on Xbox, and they added the DLC, though it’s $5, not free. I might go back at some point, to see if the patch eased up some of the gameplay.

The update busted the Xbox One version to the point of unplayability. The protagonist turns invisible, staying on the tech tree screeen too long freezes the game, etc. I had a lot of fun with this the last week, but will stave off until they fix this buggy mess they created.

Edit: Although there apparently was a hotfix released earlier today.

New DLC is coming out in twenty days, not free this time.
Haven’t played the last DLC, so I will take the chance and restart the game from the beginning.

Skimming this thread convinced me to pause my Humble Monthly. It was one of the two games I was sorta interested in. Not interested in Shadow of War enough for it to carry the monthly.

I bought it on sale, I think that fall steam sale. I got my money’s worth out of it, although I never finished it due to how grindy it got.

There were a lot of patches though and Steam reviews has constantly changed to a positive rating over time. Back then in June I considered it as too grindy as well but I’m still interested in giving it another shot. Does anybody know if it’s less grindy now and if there were significant changes?

Significant changes, yes. Less Grindy? Unclear.

They added zombie helpers you could assign to roles, e.g. I’m not clear what all the roles they can be assigned to are as I haven’t tried the game since way before there were zombie helpers. But at the least they can do some tasks like alchemy mixing or transporting stuff. Also, alchemy got less “you can’t possibly do this without looking at a guide” (old: mixture failures gave you some goo; now they hint at how close you are to a recipe or somesuch), although to me it still looked like you’d be checking a guide regardless.

I may give it another try. I’m really not very interested in the DLC (which it sounds like is sort of a separate thing; e.g. you won’t be running the church and a tavern at the same time). But if I do I’ll be consulting a guide because I don’t want to stub my toe on all the gates this time.