Graveyard Keeper (bring out your dead)

It feels like I can do only a fraction of the things I would do in a typical Stardew Valley day. Clear 7 dead trees (or whatever the branches sticking up out of the ground are)? Time for bed!

Have you cleared branches or yard debris in real life? It seems accurate! ;)

Game is 20% off over at Fanatical as another buying option for people who didn’t get a STEAM coupon.

https://www.fanatical.com/en/game/graveyard-keeper

Well bummer, no coupon here… That’s okay. I have more games than I can play now anyway. This will be fun when i get Stardew out of my system.

My coupon is still available for someone to claim. Not that I want to enable you out of a perfectly good excuse.

@Left_Empty and I found out two things - you have to be friends to initiate a trade, and you have to be friends for at least two weeks to trade a coupon.

On the bright side I now have a new steam friend.

Right. Well it looks as though the coupon is valid for 15 days.

Well that’s interesting. I had no idea. That shows you how often I trade coupons, or anything on Steam.

Oh my that is very tempting. 25% is a real discount, not like that 10% stuff I occasionally get. I won’t even lift my head off the pillow for 10.

I have a coupon as well. I already have the game. Let me know if anyone wants it

I would like one. I’ve decided. For 15 it’s worth a shot.

I will friends list folks too, not just for coupons either, although I don’t use Steam for social stuff like at all, just coop gaming which is why it’s such a small list.

I may have to check this out tonight. If it’s 70% as good as Stardew Valley it’s worth checks notes 320-ish hours of entertainment.

I have almost 200 myself, and that doesn’t include PS4 which is what I’ve been playing on lately. I love that sort of art style, and I am willing too try something a little more structured and less… what to farm today too to see if that works for me.

Funny. I am at work so I bought the game on Steam’s website so I could have it preloaded when I got home - noticed I had a notification after I entered the code for Steam Guard authenticator. Yup, 25% off coupon.

Glad they have refunds now :)

40 minutes in or so, and this is definitely interesting. There are many many things to do, and I’m happy enough wandering around while picking berries and chatting up villagers.

Doesn’t have the same driving loop that Stardew does; it feels kinda aimless even though there are a lot of carrots being dangled in a lot of different directions.

Definitely worth spending some more time with, though.

The outdoor scenery tiles look straight out of Stardew.

Which leads to a request. We need some kind of interlacing program for PC. Or something to take pixel graphics and make them recognizable on largerish monitors. Maybe this game is better, but couldn’t play Stardew on my system because it made me go cross-eyed.

I’m just bumbling around and having fun. Definitely could use more documentation. I don’t think the various storage locations are linked, which I think could prove annoying down the road.

I don’t get this. What happens on large monitors?

Nothing, I played on a PC with 27” monitor running at 2650x1920 and it looks fine. I am guessing @jpinard doesn’t know there is some setting you can change for zooming.

This is also on xbox gamepass. I put an hour into it - interesting game, really like the graphics. Spent a few minutes just looking at the title screen :) Performance isn’t that great on my One S. There is often a distracting lag while walking around.

How do we get more of the repair thingies for the graves?

I get the walking lag hitch/pause as well, and I’m on PC for this one.

Either craft or trade/buy them.

Yeah, however they’re streaming their zones is pretty inefficient. It’s not awful on my monster box, but it is noticeable.