Graveyard Keeper (bring out your dead)

I think I’m going to stream this tonight because I’m sure Tom screwed it up when he streamed it. I haven’t played since Alpha, so I’m a bit curious.

Tom seems to really like the game, he had many dead buried!

I never played the alpha, so the promised features and locations are all unknown to me. It seems and plays like a pretty complete game to me, despite what naysayers on Steam and reddit are saying. There are curious design choices and a distinct lack of handholding and plenty of trial and error, but that’s more design than willful omission.

It feels quite unpolished to me. I don’t know that i would say incomplete but it doesn’t seem fully baked. It’s still enjoyable. They should probably stop comparing it to Stardew Valley like they’re similar games though. They’re really not that close to the same kind of game. I would never assume someone who like Stardew Valley would have any interest in this.

Fully agree

So Stardew-lite instead of Stardew-like ? :D

It’s more West of Loathing than Stardew Valley

I feel like the only thing that Stardew Valley and Graveyard Keeper have in common is the fishing game, and Stardew’s controls on that are a lot better, like leagues above what GK is doing.

So you’re saying Graveyard Keeper’s fishing is deeper?

(This is a dumb joke)

Haha, I chuckled.

This. lordkosc do yourself a favor and uninstall it forever so you don’t waste any of your life on it.

I did recently uninstall it! I got to a point where I kept losing fights on the bridge / sewer, and it was just exhausting to get myself back up to where I was before the losses.

I really hated to refund this because I had been looking forward to the game, however, they have not implemented fullscreen support on Mac. The window is so small on my screen, I can’t read the text. I’m hoping this is fixed. Or I’ll wait for a Switch release assuming they release one.

Beat it in 400 days. Maximizing your moneymaking is the main challenge.

Use those bronze stories to make chapters and books to turn into science, don’t use plain paper.

A few of the 60+ hour reviews on steam now are mentioning my main issue with punch club, at some point you hit this paywall, where you need more and more money and it takes forever to get it. :(

My coupon expires today, I am on the fence if I should get this or just wait for more patches.

FWIW, I’m at 30 hours and still making satisfying progress. I do see the paywall people are talking about (a certain quest)… I may put the game down without having completed that quest(even if it means I can’t complete the game), but I won’t have regretted the time I spent enjoying the journey.

Is that a real money paywall somehow, or just a gigantic need for ingame currency? I wasn’t aware this title had IAP (and assume it doesn’t, but just checking).

Gigantic need for ingame currency. Like 30x the max I’ve ever had at once.

Yeah its in game money. :)

Phew! Reminds me of the stupid “humps” in Adventure Capitalist. Which definitely wasn’t the next-to-last PC game I played for more than 4 hours.

Ahem.

Anyway, those really super sucked and were just a total slog to grind through. Blegh :(