Great action movie music

I guess as a best list thread this should go on Gone Gold but since the idea came from a thread here it’ll stay here. :D

Ok give your favorite action movie music. Some favorites off the top of my head.

Terminator 2
Aliens
Predator

Opening themes to Escape from New York and (not technically an action movie) In the Mouth of Madness.

All the terminators have that one epic track in the, i love that one. The “epic” War cry track from Excaliber was also good.

The Jaws theme, though not quite action, was haunting.

I really liked some of the music in the original Matrix. Especially the instrumental pie ce playing when they all are getting ready to visit the Oracle and Tank is telling the fasten their seatbelts.

The propellerheads in the police station entrance was also inspired ihmo.

The Rage Against the Machine Song at the end of the first one as he flies, That was also awesome.

Conan.

The Rock.

Indy too.

the Entire Star Wars series, but espcially Empire.

And yeah, can’t forget Indy.

Definitely Indy and T2. Bad Boys more or less uses the same music as the Rocjk, but it works for me.

The two Matrix movies have a handful of inspired cues, but the score itself is rather tepid. It’s usage of commercial music that gives the Matrix movies their best musical moments.

As far as action movie music, obviously The Rock and Crimson Tide. There’s a reason that the Crimson Tide theme is in roughly half of action movie trailers, even though the movie itself wasn’t an action movie.

Drawing from the trailer standard, then that one track from Plunkett & McCleane(sp?) has to be up there. I believe the track is titled Escape.

Aliens has a pretty good score, but it’s pretty much Star Trek 2 repeatedly. Glory and Braveheart are quality Horner works without quite as much stealing.

Others:
Last of the Mohicans, Gladiator, Terminator 2, Assault on Precinct 13.

Not sure if Dark City counts…

We have a winner.

Gladiator’s up there too… Black Hawk Down as well.

The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly.

Unforgiven also had good music.

Conan, most definitely. Also, the Soviet national anthem. Now that’s an anthem, folks.

I’d have to say my favourite piece of action music -

“The Asteroid Field” - from The Empire Strikes Back.

It’s the Russian national anthem now, with a few changes in the lyrics.

The Peacemaker, which has almost the same score as Crimson Tide.
Air Force One
The Mummy
Starship Troopers