Great-looking upcoming DS/PSP you haven't heard of (Puzzle Quest)

Damnit I have the DS version. This will be tempting though.

Aaaand I just went an abrupt converstion to XBLA fandom. Time to buy a wireless adapter for my 360.

I’m such a PQ whore.

Well, at least you can rest assured that if you want some advice getting mileage out of it, there’s plenty of us wililng to help.

I don’t want mileage, I want PQ ;-)

But let’s not have this thread again. If you silly fanbois want to berate me some more for not liking the same things you can resurrect the old thread and commence the assault.

Bard…I may pick this up again just to see how the worst class ever invented is rammed into the game’s rules.

Relax, relax. I was just poking fun at us ‘silly fanbois’ – no more, no less.

I’m pretty surprised to hear that this is coming w/ 4 new classes. I was expecting one or two as isolated DLC items. This is pretty awesome news. I still haven’t gone through the game as Druid or Warrior though, and the challenge of beating it with all classes seems pretty daunting w/ another 4.

Anyone have any idea if we’re likely to see a DS and/or PSP update with the rebalancing, bug fixes, and all this expansion content?

On another note, has anyone played online yet? I played a couple of games on XBLA just to get the acheivement, and I had to wait a while for an opponent, and it wasn’t exactly the stiffest competition…

Definitely looking forward to this. It’ll give me an excuse to play the XBLA version some more, which I really haven’t.

I’m not really holding out any hope for a new PSP/DS version (especially since I’d probably wind up having to repurchase it entirely, not something I’m eager to do), but a PC version of the expansion would be nice.

I’m waaaaay late to the PQ party, but I just have to say that I love this game. I bought it for the PC on Steam this past weekend for something different to try out and it’s totally blown me away with how addictive and fun it is. Wow. The replay value and length of the game itself seems to be huge (I’ve only played 8 hours or so).

I’ve been getting into a bunch of casual/indie games in the last couple of months since games of the genres I generally play have vanished from the radar. If there’s a few positive things the drought of new games has done is that it got me to try digital downloads as a source (for both PC and PS3) and got me to try casual gaming, a genre I more or less didn’t have the interest in before now. Good job at release-suckage, game industry!

Avoid the sequels, and you’ll get plenty of Puzzle Quest gaming for your dollar.

Bad enough to avoid them? Since all the games that were delayed throughout 2009 are finally starting to come down the pipe and will take me away from all these casual downloads, I probably won’t have time to go beyond the first PQ anyway, at least for a very long while.

The title to his thread made me laugh - how times have changed…

I recently got into puzzle quest as well: both on my iphone and on the PC. The iphone version has the additional content from the expansion, but is so goddamn small I can barely play it. The pc version I have (from steam) is good, but its got only the original content, and I loved my rogue from the iphone and am already bored of my wizard. Is there a way to get the expansion material on steam?

I really, really am surprised at how much I like the game, given that I had never played bejewelled (yes, yes, heathen) and generally don’t like puzzle games. This one is very clever and addictive, and the RPG elements, while couched in a terrible story, are good enough to keep me going.

Accidentally posted in wrong thread because I’m too damned excited.

The Legend Returns features the original Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords, the expansion Revenge of the Plague Lord, and a whole bundle of new quests, spells, classes and items created exclusively for this version!

Okay, this is out today, right? Who can tell us whether it works with the touch-screen, and if not, how torturous it is using the d-pad to play?

-Tom

It does work with touch, and that’s the preferred way to do it, imo.

Please do not show/tell me that at this point in time.

-Tom

shrug

Don’t ask questions you don’t want the answers to.

I’ve started several new characters, trying to decide what I went to dive into the campaign with. Leaning toward Monk or Blood Mage.or maybe try the Paladin on Hard.

It was a joke* about making me want to buy the game. For the record, I’m glad you answered my question and I look forward to fingering my way through another playthrough of Puzzle Quest.

-Tom

* Warning: video not as funny as it used to be :(

My statement still stands 😁

You know…unless you do this: