Great-looking upcoming DS/PSP you haven't heard of (Puzzle Quest)

I hate these news about it coming to PC because i broke down and bought a PSP & PuzzleQuest :( Which i haven’t played much because i also started playing WoW :(

Meh, i’ll probably get the PC version aswell ;_;

A DS would have been cheaper…and have a lot more games for you to play, if you like games like PQ.

It’s also coming out for mobile phones (link).

Arise!

Six months later I finally catch up to this. I got this when I first bought my PSP last weekend for a business trip. Luckily, I didn’t start playing it until I got home, otherwise the trip would have been a bust. All I want to know is, how do they get the crack/heroin into those UMD disks and where does it come out of the PSP at? I am pawing at the handheld like a jonesing rat in a Skinner box.

I played so much yesterday I woke up with an incredibly stiff neck from looking down literally all day. This may be the one game that causes me to actually have to follow those “take a break every hour” guidelines. I only hope I can stop that contagion here and not let it spread to the 360.

Agreed. I rented it recently for the DS from Gamerang and bought it immediately. No second thoughts. We were on a seven-hour drive yesterday and my son and I just kept trading it back and forth.

Just remember, to maximize your crack availabili . . . err PQ replayabilitiy you should play through the game as a warrior last.

Thanks. We’re both playing as Wizards now. I’ll try another class before Warrior.

Are you saying that warrior makes it too easy? Because with my wizard I was able to pretty much lock down the enemy and have nearly infinite turns. For replayability, I think you need to self-impose rules on what item combos you allow yourself to use. Some of the crafted items are ridiculously strong.

I hate the fact that handheld video games go out of print so fast. I’m trying to pick this up for PSP these days and it’s literally impossible to find it anywhere. I see the DS one, but the PSP version is nowhere to be found.

I think the warrior makes it too easy. And yes, wizards win a lot. Actually, at upper levels a well developed character of any class makes it easy, because you can do sick things to the enemy using just skills learned from monsters. Mmmm, stone gaze and berserk rage.

A warrior with death bringer and good fire magic is another step up in sickness. They don’t need nearly infinite turns, they just need 1. They activate deathbringer, they win.

Just noticed this is coming for the Wii soon. I assume it will not have multiplayer? Any similar games that will on the horizon? I can’t tell if Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn will or not (even though the two are not exactly in the same class).

Amazon’s got the PSP version in stock.

Be grateful, it never came out on either platform in New Zealand. GG Mr Publisher.

Have there been any Fire Emblem games ever with multiplayer? I can’t think of any.

All the PSP versions on Amazon say they’re being released on or after October 30. Are they reissuing this?

[ok, following the link on the main page does reveal other vendors that have it so technically yeah, you can get it. I demand instant gratification though, dammit!]

With luck they might even be correcting some of the PSP bugs in a reissue (this isn’t unheard of, right?), which aren’t just limited to the companion spells not working correctly and include lock ups on the spell selection screen, that type of thing. I’ve been hit by that one and I can’t get anything over a level 15 spell…

Just got this and it’s amazing. Farewell to the rest of my life. MUST PLAY.

Yup. Great game! Already have it on XBLA. Should have jumped on the PC version for $10 at Circuit City when sub-$20 games were 50% off, but didn’t. Would be a great game for me and my g/f to play together on long flights. Have also picked up and put down (too many times to mention!) the PSP version for $19.99. The damn thing just won’t drop in price despite being heavily stocked!

D3 makes Puzzle Quest … in spaaaaaaaaace!. DS and XBLA versions in the works.

How do you transfer saves from one PC to another? I had this issue a few months back, prior to a trip, and never figured it out (copied character/saves directory but was unable to see existing character/saves in game on new machine).