Great Moments the The Office (US)

“Remember in Lost when they meet The Others?”

“I’m collar blind.”

“I’m Gil.”

“Ryan can’t come…he’s uhh…dead.”

“DWIGHT DWIGHT DWIGHT DWIGHT DWIGHT DWIGHT DWIGHT DWIGHT DWIGHT DWIGHT DWIGHT DWIGHT DWIGHT DWIGHT DWIGHT DWIGHT DWIGHT DWIGHT DWIGHT DWIGHT DWIGHT DWIGHT DWIGHT DWIGHT DWIGHT DWIGHT DWIGHT DWIGHT DWIGHT DWIGHT DWIGHT DWIGHT DWIGHT DWIGHT DWIGHT DWIGHT DWIGHT DWIGHT DWIGHT DWIGHT DWIGHT DWIGHT DWIGHT DWIGHT DWIGHT DWIGHT DWIGHT DWIGHT DWIGHT DWIGHT DWIGHT DWIGHT DWIGHT DWIGHT DWIGHT DWIGHT DWIGHT DWIGHT DWIGHT DWIGHT DWIGHT DWIGHT DWIGHT DWIGHT DWIGHT DWIGHT DWIGHT DWIGHT DWIGHT DWIGHT DWIGHT DWIGHT DWIGHT DWIGHT DWIGHT DWIGHT DWIGHT DWIGHT DWIGHT DWIGHT DWIGHT DWIGHT DWIGHT DWIGHT DWIGHT DWIGHT DWIGHT DWIGHT DWIGHT DWIGHT DWIGHT DWIGHT DWIGHT DWIGHT DWIGHT DWIGHT DWIGHT DWIGHT DWIGHT DWIGHT DWIGHT DWIGHT DWIGHT DWIGHT DWIGHT DWIGHT DWIGHT DWIGHT”

Holy shit… what an amazing, awesome, meta-joke that was!

“SNOW ANGELS!!!”

“Apparently, Jan aspires to be a whore.”

What was even better was the holier-than-thou look of disgust and head shake she gave her.

(Paraphrased from poor memory)

“So… when Michael said he got to third base with you did that mean you guys were involved in some kind of deal or something?”

it was second base. and the girl’s little wink to the camera made the scene

“I think you should spend more time talking about work and less about personal matters”

“No, we’re pretty comfortable with the balance we’ve struck”

I’ve only seen snippets of the US version - is the UK one just as good?

It’s got the same elements of ha-ha comedy, “oh man that is embarassing to watch” comedy, and a little bit of drama as the US version, but it has a little more of the embarassing than the straight comedy. Also, the secretary is way less attractive. But it’s just as good a show.

Oh ok, great. Just a case of which I can get hold of then I suppose.

Actually, the UK one is much better.

No, you are absolutely wrong in every respect. No evidence is needed to prove this point.

The very fact that there’s even a debate about which one is better tells you how good the U.S. version is. The UK one was hailed by many credits as one of the greatest shows ever.

I’d consider myself fortunate if that was the only messup in my quote.

And yes, the wink did make the scene. :)

This is without a doubt my favorite TV series of the season. It’s been consistently funny every episode… and with Tom to boot!

“Is there something else you’d like us to call you? You know, something less offensive than ‘Mexican’?”

A few Dwight quotes:

(In the episode in which there is a fire)
("To the tune of “We Didn’t Start The Fire”) Dwight: Joe McCarthy, Richard Nixon, Studebaker, television, North Korea, South Korea, Marilyn Monroe, Ryan started the fire!

Dwight: I come from a long line of fighters. My maternal grandfather was the toughest guy I ever knew…World War II veteran. My father battled blood pressure and obesity. Different kind of fight.

(Dwight walks in while Michael is trying to talk to Jan)
Dwight: Michael?
Michael: Oh my…
Dwight: I’m sorry. Am I interrupting? Oh god. Were you guys making out?

Dwight: As a volunteer sheriff, I can look up anyone’s psychiatric records or surgical histories. Yeast infections - there are a huge number of yeast infections in this county. Probably because we live right down the river from that old bread factory.

(On the Booze Cruise)
Captain Jack: It’s time to limbo, limbo, limbo! All right, I need a volunteer to come up here and hold my stick. Huh? Who’s it going to be?
Dwight: (Pushing Meredith aside) Me! Me, me, me, me…
Captain Jack: Uhh, usually it’s a woman.
Dwight: I’m stronger.

(When Dwight wants to head out to spy on Oscar)
Dwight: Listen, Temp. I am conducting a little investigation, so I am no longer going to be able to head up Spring Cleaning. Do you think you can handle it?
Ryan: Yeah, I think I can handle it.
Dwight: Do you think or do you know?
Ryan: I think.
Dwight: Oh god…