Great recipes for weight loss (Keto, low-cal, etc.)

Ooh, thanks!

Slickdeals catches some good deals on this stuff too.

Pork rinds are my cheap chip substitute.

Ya, I like pork rinds, but my wife is disgusted by them. More for me, I guess! But still not as good as a corn chip or tortilla chip.

I just cut snacks out entirely. I find that easier than trying to find snack options that are high blood pressure and diabetes friendly, and consuming them in responsible (i.e. small) amounts.

I’ve been trying to limit snacks as much as possible and just have a little dessert to close out one of my two meals each day.

When I think of stir fries I tend to think serving them over or beside rice but cabbage is great for picking up flavors and bulking things up.

Dakgalbi is Korean stir fried chicken, cabbage, sweet potato (the white to pale orange type not the bright orange American ones), onions and or leeks in a gochujang based sauce. I generally add carrots and oyster mushrooms also. Traditionally at a restaurant you would make stir fried rice with the sauce after you eat the bits out of it but at home I make the sauce thicker, pack it with the veggies, and skip the fried rice step.

For me, if I can eat a big-ass salad with a decent dressing, I’m all set. Here’s some good dressings (that require a good blender):
Almond Balsamic Vinaigrette. I make this without roasting the garlic. Takes about 3 minutes to make.

This is a surprisingly good dairy+oil-free Ranch:

• 15 ounces silken tofu, drained and squeezed dry
  • ⅓ cup white vinegar
  • 2 tablespoons chia seeds
  • 3 dates, soaked in hot water for 30 min, pitted
  • ¾ teaspoon ground coriander
  • ½ teaspoon garlic powder
  • ½ teaspoon onion powder
  • ½ teaspoon black pepper
  • ¼ teaspoon chipotle chili powder, or to taste
  • ¼ cup minced tomatoes
  • 2 tablespoons minced onion
  • Process all ingredients except tomatoes and onions in a high-powered blender until creamy. Adjust seasonings; you may want to add additional chili powder for a spicier dressing. Stir in minced tomatoes and onions.

I’m a big fan of Dr Fuhrman. He’s all about just eating whatever you want, as long as it’s beans and veggies and greens. His book End of Dieting is great, and has solid starter plans and recipes.

That’s not exactly eating whatever you want. That’s a limited diet.

When I did keto I made this a lot because it was super delicious and quick and easy to make and went well with lots of different protein.

Woot has these now and I can confirm they’re delish.

Keto Bars Chocolate Dream, 24 Count (woot.com)

Sure they are, but at their regular price of 12 for 29.99, I think I don’t want to find out how good they are. When you make Quest bars look cheap…

Is Woot totally different than Amazon? Do I have to have another account and app?

Now that Amazon bought Woot you can just log in with your Amazon account and get Prime shipping and have your payment options from Amazon

Yep, I only buy Quest bars when I can get them for about a buck per bar, I struggle to spend much more than that on these things

I made the switch from the Kirkland bars recently. Bought a bunch for about 1.50 each, which I thought was pretty good. I have one per day on days when I am lifting, 2 when I don’t.

Ah cool. The whole “Amazon company” and prime shipping thing confused me since I couldn’t find it on Amazon. I’ll give it a try. Thanks.

This skinny pasta / rice is decent and makes a good base for dishes -

Skinny Pasta, 12 Pack - Your Choice (woot.com)

These cheese crunchies make a great snack. I like that they’re small, two serving packages because that means I’m less likely to eat too many.

INTAKT Crunchy Cheese – Variety 18 Pack (woot.com)

Konjac has a really weird texture many people may not find appealing. If you want a pasta substitute, I find zucchini noodles to be much, much better, and I don’t even like zucchini

A texture less appealing than zucchini? Impossible!