GreedFall (Spiders/Focus Home Interactive) 2019

PS4 PRO impressions from a redditor.

https://www.reddit.com/r/greedfall/comments/cwphxv/greedfall_early_impressions_ps4_pro/

Yes, there are. Chests aren’t located on map via icons and there are things to discover for sure.
The most stuff I’ve discovered has been while on a main mission and deviating from the objective. Lots of lootable chests and paths that require certain talents to allow access.

Well, taking the early fun of playing a new, big, juicy RPG into account his impressions are still incredibly positive, with little to say that I would consider negative, and nothing he wrote gave me pause. I think at this point I will plan to buy the game, but I’ll still wait until launch just because I don’t see any pre-order incentives?

I see it’s $43.49 on GMG right now, so that should help offset tax. This is the kind of game I suspect won’t score more than an 8.5 from most outlets that enjoy it, for some reason these kinds of games never seem to, but if it can stay in the high 7’s and 8’s from the critical press and word of mouth is strong, such as opinions here and at places like Era or Reddit, I’ll almost certainly dive in. I like what I’ve seen so far, crucially.

I expect I’m in as well. Not sure if right at release, but maybe :)

$39.99 if you are a humble monthly subscriber.

Hmmm, that’s been the most compelling reason to resub to the Monthly in well…months.

You also get a $3 coupon for spending over $30. :)

I pre-ordered. Nice to have something to look forward to =)

I prefer my hubris bundles.

I am just going to say… this game looks crazy good --which makes me very reluctant to jump in day one (being cynical)

I think I will just go in day one and ignore the reviews and just see for myself. Sigh. Counter to everything I have ever said.

That’s convenient, I’ll just wait for you to tell me if it’s any good. :)

Sounds like an ideal game… if pausable combat is well done.

Did The Witcher(s) feature “tactical pause”? I can’t remember.

Can’t remember if the first one had that, tbh, but the latter two were pure action games, combat-wise. Dodge and attack at the right moments and you can breeze through the games half asleep.
So, no, no tactical pause, but there wouldn’t have been a point in having a pause function there to give commands to begin with. It would be like having a tactical pause in Devil May Cry…

The first Witcher was a bit closer to the old NWN games (due to using the same engine, no doubt). Maybe that one had an actual pause function?

I was just thinking that you could use a “tactical pause” to ready signs, potions, etc. Maybe not needed in this case since the game is so simple. But an old dude like me generally needs something like this.

Ok I will be the guinea pig…tricorn hats in a frontier fantasy land? With muskets? I am in!

While this still looks the teeniest bit… I dunno, janky… it’s hard for me to quantify what I find objectionable, but there’s something that just seems a little bit off. Nevertheless, what I’ve seen about this still make it look like an interesting RPG, so I’m probably going to bite.

I’m seeing a game that looks amazing, but I’m hesitant because they haven’t actually shown very much (and what they did show was very polished, but then again, that’s all they seem to have shown) and they are from a studio that has yet to prove themselves, and this is a very ambitious game. So while I disagree with you that it looks janky at all, I have reservations myself.

I think it could easily be the same as their other games, which have good elements but are held back by endless corridor worlds. I know their budget was higher this time, so will go in hopeful.