Greetings, Gary Whitta. You have been recruited by the Star League...

1982 - and noteworthy

Since we stopped the silliness, it’s real except ti’s D&D. Mazes and Monsters. Made at the height of the “ZOMG D&D steals souls” era. It’s pretty hilarous, and it ends with Hanks having sort of lots his mind and staying at some sort of asylum he believes is an “inn” where he works for the Innkeeper. HE CAN’T STOP PLAYING THE GAME looooooooooool.

@krayzkrok - i feel compelled to point out it was @Djscman who pointed out the depth of story, I just continued on with it. It really can’t be talked about enough though, because the original never gets enough credit in this department.

Heresy!

That was terrifying as a kid.

My google-fu is weak.

Don’t forget the execution scene. I never will.

Whitta tweets a suggestion that some pants are about to be choggled.

Interested to see what they do with this. It was in many ways a perfect movie and doesn’t call for a sequel. I hope it isn’t a remake.

Interesting, but I doubt they would announce a new movie on Gary’s personal Twitch channel.

The Last Starfighter is one of the greatest movies of all time

I’m guessing a book of some type.

It’s a mobile game where you and up to seven other players gather in a proceduraly generated trailer park. Six of the eight are alien assassins, one is a beta android simulacrum, and one is the Last Starfighter. If any of the assassins alert the android or Last Starfighter to their extraterrestrial existence by assassinating the wrong target, the Last Starfighter escapes and destroys the Kodan armada as destined.

Stream is starting in a few minutes.

This seems like a massive non-annoucnement.

Lucky your pants were already choggled.

Figure that Gary and co. must have pitched this, have some serious interest, but they’re trying to get social media buzz to push the movie over the greenlight line.

Works for me. Music gave me chills.

I was in meetings this afternoon. Was anything actually announced?

Nope, trying to build Deadpool-type hype as they’re apparently THIS CLOSE to making something happen.