Grim Dawn - An ARPG from Crate (ex Iron Lore aka Titan Quest devs)

Yes they do.

Grim Dawn has sold a million copies worldwide. I think that’s a good number for a game of this scale? I hope?

I suddenly feel like buying the Crucible DLC just to support them, even though it’s not what I’m looking for in a Grim Dawn expansion. I wonder if the DLC is on sale as well?

Somewhat happy I backed this game before the Kickstarter. It has worked out well.

I’m glad you did as well! As someone who didn’t like Titan Quest, I didn’t have any faith in these guys not to just go ahead and spit out another game like Titan Quest. But they put out something beautifully tactile and satisfying instead. So I’m really glad Titan Quest had as many fans as it did now.

All this talk of the upcoming Necromancer pack for Diablo III made me curious about the status of Grim Dawn’s expansion.

Inquisitor class details.

Legendary item examples

New patch today with some nice improvements in preparation of the new expansion:
http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?p=516919#post516919

* Shrines will now automatically use items from your transfer and personal stash in addition to your inventory.
Thank god. That used to drive me up the wall. Oh, I need X & Y, well let’s teleport back, sell, put some things in the stash, teleport back… oh fuck I forgot to grab the shrine components again.

That is a nice change.

Once I’m done with getting one character to level 70 in Diablo 3, I should come back to Grim Dawn. I miss the badassery of Grim Dawn, which amazingly puts Diablo 3 to shame in that department. I finished the game on Normal with 2 characters, and almost got both of them through the next difficulty tier as well, but I’ve got 3 other characters who I’m still bringing through Normal difficulty.

ETA: Quarter 3, 2017.

Saw it mentioned over on nGAF.

Sweet.

@wumpus sent me a new power supply, and this was my test bed. My old power supply would freak out and shut down during Grim Dawn unless I underclocked my video card. I installed the new power supply on Saturday, and I played Grim Dawn for about 30 minutes, with no shut down. So yay wumpus!

On Grim Dawn itself, it’s funny that I’m in the middle of so much Diablo 3 right now, and I was expecting to be underwhelmed with Grim Dawn compared to when I was playing it earlier. But nope. If anything, I was even more impressed. There’s just something about Grim Dawn’s physics and “oomph” in the powers and abilities that’s even more satisfying on a gut level than Diablo 3. It’s really impressive what they’ve accomplished here.

So I’m there Day 1 for this expansion. I’m assuming that’s what Ashes of Malmouth is.

Looks like the expansion will come out just around the time I might otherwise have finally lost interest.

Grim Dawn, I wish I knew how to quit you!

There’s some cool expansion info from the 24th.

Now, for another peek into the expansion! During one of our previews livestreams, we’ve heard requests to show off some of the new Monster Infrequents (MI’s) headed your way with the expansion. So today we will show you a selection. A few things had changed with Monster Infrequents compared to the base game. First, new Monster Infrequents no longer have a “common” version. Instead, they have a lower overall chance of dropping a Monster Infrequent, but whenever one drops, it is always the “rare” variety. Secondly, almost every Monster Infrequent will have two variants. This way not only is there more awesome loot to hunt for, but we can cover more playstyles. Lastly, almost every monster introduced in the expansion will have some kind of Monster Infrequent, even many of the bosses. In total, we are introducing 63 new Monster Infrequents!

I don’t know what any of that means. But it sounds nice, I guess. What a programmer’s way of selling a feature to people. Montster Infrequents! That’s a name that will really get people excited.

That is what I like to hear! 🤘

I’m nowhere near done Grim Dawn, yet I’ll buy this because I love it so.

Wait, it’s coming out within the next 2 months? That’s great to hear. I was starting to think this was still months away since there seemed to be so little talk.

Every time I’ve looked at going back to Grim Dawn I decided to wait until the expansion. Glad the wait is nearly over!

Well, cool! I get the expansion for free as part of my KS pledge, so I’ll definitely be jumping back in for some playtime. Staying away from details so I can enjoy it like new.

Has anyone tried this game as a hardcore character?

My experience in regular tells me that this will be a terrible choice in Grim Dawn, considering that:

1. I die a LOT in Grim Dawn
  2. There’s not even a little randomization in the terrain, you’re always going through the same areas every time. I don’t mind that so much when I’m playing different characters, but if I was trying to play the same character after dying, trying to make them survive?

Yeah, I only play Hardcore in these kind of games (POE aside, since I don’t understand it well enough, yet) - My highest is…level 43 or somesuch though, but its way more interesting.

When the stakes are higher, you take more care, and every little thing you matters more - it makes for a more interesting game. Only do it though, if you do NOT mind dying and losing your character.

The fun lies in the building of your character through items and skills, not so much the landscape.

Unless something has changed recently, damage has always been very spikey, so I wouldn’t recommend it.