Grim Dawn - An ARPG from Crate (ex Iron Lore aka Titan Quest devs)

Yeah, that’s the right call, gonna clear out all mine as well. Can’t wait!

0 Likes

Your guys are clearing out your stashes… what, are you all insane? Of course I’ve used about 2% of what’s in there, but it’s the principle of the thing!!!

0 Likes

Yeah, they’re crazy. Last year, when I started playing hardcore for the first time, I had to go through the pain of not having anything in the shared stash, including basic stuff that I need for recipes. Now that I finally have my hardcore stash built up, there’s no way I’m clearing it. I don’t mind losing gear, that I can always find again. But all the little doodads you need for recipes? Never!

0 Likes

Thank you! Unless the citizens of Devil’s Crossing are calling A&E on a daily basis trying to get you featured on the show Hoarders, then I can’t even understand why you’re playing these types games. Get back to me when you’re buying additional copies of the game to hold more of your stuff.

0 Likes

Soooooo this comes out for XBO tomorrow too? Anyone in? How the hell do I juggle this and Division 2?!

Edit: Bah, still TBA?

0 Likes

What’s that? Something new, or am I forgetting something?

0 Likes

The default characters are immortal. They can “die” an infinite number of times but never die. The hardcore characters have only one life.

0 Likes

Ahh ok thanks. My “duh” moment of the day.

0 Likes

Yeah it’s normally called softcore. Does the game have its own terminology for it?

0 Likes

As with most games of this sort a character is either hardcore or not, the default being not. It’s not called anything, specifically.

I’m looking forward to the expansion - just finished the first expansion for the first time with a new character a couple of months ago, so will likely pick up from there rather than restarting. My co-op partner and I had both been wanting to keep playing new content when we wrapped up (going back through on a higher difficulty didn’t have all that much appeal) so this is timed quite well.

0 Likes

Steam says approximately 4 hours to go. I guess I’ll buy it tonight after work.

0 Likes

Oh Jesus, this comes out today? I’m already drowning in awesome games. Make it stop (okay please don’t, this is amazing, but man I wish I could retire at 41! ;)).

0 Likes

Being able to retire is one of the only advantages I’ve found to being old. That and collecting Social Security.

Edit - Age 67 and retired 11 years. :)

0 Likes

That’s awesome! I got a late start on getting my feet under me financially so I’ll likely work until the day I die, but a man can still dream, right?!

0 Likes

Well…I have 7 oathkeeper builds I want to try already lol. This is going to be fun :P

0 Likes

I’m planning to try Oathkeeper and… uh… something else. Not sure what. So that makes the first 10 or so levels easy!

0 Likes

Shield synergy and physical damage synergies with Soldier.

What else are you thinking?

Fire damage synergies with the Demolitionist?
Acid and Vitality damage synergies with the Occultist?

0 Likes

I’m going full Warlord. Never played with a Warrior, so it will be all completely new!

0 Likes

Night Blade would also work for Acid.

The combo is called “Dervish”. I would go for it, but just finished leveling a Night Blade and want to do something different…

0 Likes

Well, the obvious sinergies are Soldier and Demolitionist, yes, but you have plenty of options. I’ve seen lots of people excited about the Templar (Arcanist + Oathkeeper). No idea why, yet, but there you go. ;)

0 Likes