Grim Dawn - An ARPG from Crate (ex Iron Lore aka Titan Quest devs)

The damage comes from the Blightfiends (you get +1 summon with that set), Hellhound, and Talon. Stacking Vitality RR, converting the Hellhound damage to vitality with secondary damage being Poison.

I’d have to play it and see the survival/damage to know where to finesse the points. You are probably right and if you minimize all the points in familiar except storm spirit you can dump them into raise skeletons, reap spirit and call of the grave. This will give you a lot more damage, though the skeletons will still die fast, though with 4 tanky pets (2 blights, revenant, talon) to keep the pressure off they should have a chance.

The Ghol set is new in FR. I’ve had 2 pieces drop, so I imagine its just like any other mythical legendary set, except with the bonus of using the inventor to transmute to complete the set faster than usual. Especially if you happen to get a helmet blueprint you can just make your whole set from hats if you have the mats.

Oh hey, woah, I forgot all about that feature. Where do we go to do this again?

Here you go: https://grimdawn.gamepedia.com/The_Tome_of_Eanatum

After reading the quest description, I do remember doing that quest. I guess I’ll have to go back to that guy and see what kind of interface he offers.

Of course, I don’t actually have any set duplicates. If I ever got a duplicate for any set, I’d sell one of them, whichever one has the smaller values.

I did the same thing. But like I said, you can make an entire set from crafting helmets for the sets (since they are the only piece of a set you can craft) and transmuting them to the other pieces. I was able to complete a couple of sets with missing holes that way.

By the way my Purifier hit 90, and I got my 55th Shrine this weekend. It’s the first time I’ve had a character who has all the devotions available.

I have 4 of those potions that let me reset the Devotion tree now. I’m tempted to swallow one. Not that I’m unhappy with how this character played out, Devotion-wise, but it would be interesting to reset and do a new tree, and see if I can get some of the new abilities from the expansion, if those are interesting for a dual-pistol purifier to implement.

Edit: OTOH, I’d have to gain experience for the devotion procs again, to level them up. That would suck. Things like Meteor Shower and Abominable procs are leveled up a lot in my build. To reset them, I’d have to feed them experience from scratch again, I think.

The experience you have on the devotion procs stays, even if you spec out of them (at least it did for me). If you reset devotions with the potion, and then rebuild, if you build into any of the ones you had before, you still have the experience. It’s only the new ones that have to begin (of course) from zero.

Oh wow. That’s really generous!

I also wanted to let you know that the tier (1-3) of the devotion determines the amount of experience you need to level them up with higher tiers requiring more but often having a lower max level (10-15). So, for example, with your Purifier if you picked up Ghoul at 80. You’d level it to the teens in 2 or 3 character levels and complete it easily before level 100 because the amount of experience you need to level your character is so much higher and you are getting xp so much faster.

I also don’t like full pet builds, but for reason I feel drawn to pet builds of some sort. I found a build I liked a lot that was melee plus pets. Most people tend to go ranged and pets but for some reason I really enjoyed smacking stuff down while my pets ripped stuff up.

It was a Trickster, got to 61 before the first expansion where I started a Death Knight that I got to 51 before my PC died at the time. So no real ‘high level’ experience but it worked very well to where I was. It’s Nightblade and Shaman and varied from even the melee build most people did at the time with that combo in that I went with Primal Strike-Torrent which is the 2 handed melee line,

I hate the way the game doesn’t start until your third playthrough.

Yeah, I have several middle level characters, in the 50s-60s, in things like shaman hybrid or pyromancer or whatever. Plus some lower level characters, but I think I’m going to ignore them and just experiment with different builds on new characters using the Crucible to level up fast at first.

I am always fascinated, for instance, with pure mages, but I struggle to get a pure Arcanist going. Still want to try. And I love a pure ranged build, but haven’t yet figured out how to make it durable. Then again, stuff like that is what these types of games are about I guess, figuring out things. I do enjoy now following a good build plan, but finding the right one takes a lot of time.

So just start at ultimate. I find veteran fine once I hit act 3 or so. Just did the Steps of Torment with my level 34 expansion character and thoroughly enjoyed it myself.

Level 60 something, still nowhere close to having a decent set.
Now, it’s fun enough, but I actually would like to try a legendary set before hitting 100. Which I won’t, backlog beckons.

Not sure how long I’ve had this game but I’m just finally getting into it heavily. Took a Wind Devil character into Elite but wasn’t finding it interactive enough. Now I’m playing a dual melee pierce nightblade/inquisitor and loving it. Lots of buttons to push if I don’t want to die. About to finish the expansion and head to elite with this guy.

Just how does one handle getting CC’ed in this game? I’ve had about 6 deaths and every death other than one I was either frozen or stunned. I’ve found no stun resistance on gear, although I see there is a spot for it on my character sheet, does it start dropping later?

The other death I just got obliterated in the Trial of Corruption and don’t even know what killed me. From what I’ve read I can expect that to happen quite a bit. I definitely won’t be trying this game on hardcore except perhaps as a silly challenge at some point.

Maybe you just got unlucky? I have stun and frozen gear now at 34. Or maybe try to counter it with more health as well? It’s definitely an issue, but I can usually mitigate it with gear. The deaths for me so far with this character have mostly been from floor damage which you can’t counter (the green stuff, the name escapes me right now). And one boss in the expansion killed me a couple of times.

Re: CC’d. You need to look at your Stun/Freeze and to a lesser extent Petrify resist. Stun resist is typically where you are getting screwed because most classes don’t come with any in their skills and you are forced to get equipment/devotions to cover it. Luckily you don’t need a lot of stun resist to make the difference you need to survive those clutch moments.

Easy ways to get stun resist for lower level chars is the Leathery Hide helmet component which provides 25% and the 1st star in the Throne devotion which gives you 15%.

Ahh good point. I am always looking at resistances when deciding on components, so I must be using that on my low level character.

I almost always get this devotion, for nearly all my characters, even if I get none other in that color of Devotion. (I think it’s purple?)

That 15% stun resist is priceless, especially if no stun resist items dropped for me.

I find the Arcanist to be one of the most powerful base classes and I love casters in this game because you get so many options and you can hybridize so many different ways.

1-2-3 of getting an Arcanist badass ASAP:

1. Max Olexra’s Flash Freeze, full points and one into Absolute Zero. You will have a massive AOE that will pretty much kill anything but a boss and you get CC. Use a Searing Ember for Fireblast then upgrade to Flintcore Bolt component to get Greater Fireblast for you main repeat caster skill. With -100% Fire resist you can use this until 40-50 easily.
  2. Put at least 1 point into both Nullification/Mirror. Remember nullification removes debuffs on you. Great for when you have shitpile of dots on you and can save you if you don’t have a pot and your life is ticking away. Also makes bosses that use magic shields and such super easy (aka Cronely). Mirror is fantastic, make sure to put it on something you can get to quick.
  3. Get and max Devastation. Voila your damage is insane and has a massive AOE. Coupled with Olexa huge packs freeze and die without touching you. Bosses just melt.
  4. Profit