Grim Dawn - An ARPG from Crate (ex Iron Lore aka Titan Quest devs)

The eternal question.

I don’t know the correct answer myself. Some days I think the lower level equipment is pretty much all that’s worth keeping.

After all, what is most of Grim Dawn, if not leveling up a new character through veteran and Elite, going up to level 80 or so before doing it again?

And yet, most of these pieces of equipment drop so frequently, I’m not sure if they’re worth clogging the shared stash with.

I should get rid of everything in there except the really good low level sets. Things like Herald’s, which has three pieces, is low level and gives +1 all skills when complete. Then there’s Praetorian. Serious, everyone should keep Praetorian if they find the set. If you find just two out of three pieces of Praetorian, you get +15% physical resistance. That’s HUGE.

So yeah, the rest, maybe we shouldn’t bother.

Ok, so then what about the high level purples and blue equipment? Should I keep that around? We all have two shared stashes. One is the hardcore shared stash, and one is the immortal shared stash. I feel like the hardcore one should be dedicated to helping lower level characters survive. It’s the one leg-up they get from other characters that can help them live. So I feel like hardcore stashes should not be filled with super-high level stuff. Not many characters will get up that high and use it anyway. So you can keep that stuff in each hardcore character’s private stash. And the shared stash can be dedicated to lower level stuff that helps characters survive and level.

But what about the immortal shared stash? After all, when you look online, all you see in the Build Compendium is build after build that’s basically based on a certain piece of equipment or set that someone is using. If you don’t keep that stuff in the shared stash, you can never eventually have builds based around a set or pieces of equipment, right? So I’m thinking at least one or two of the immortal shared stash tabs should go towards purple or blue high level sets, even if it means being harsh with culling otherwise nice blue and purple equipment.