Grim Dawn - An ARPG from Crate (ex Iron Lore aka Titan Quest devs)

I typically like slinging spells or shooting arrows. Which class should I try next?

There are no arrows in GD that I know of - only bolts and bullets - but if you like ranged damage and spells, I’d say Inquisitor is a great choice. Bad news is, you’ll need the expansion for that.

Ranged Demolitionists are crazy powerful. Not a lot of spells though unless you pick those in a secondary class like Shaman or Occultist.

My one character right now is a Demolitionist and I am loving him at range. Give him a good rifle with a spell that slows everyone coming at him down (apparently Curse of Frailty, which I love so much) and he mows shit down. So fun.

I just bought the expansion mere moments ago! Yay!

Yay! I love my Inquisitor so much that it’s the only character I’ve taken into Veteran so far. And I intend to take it all the way into Elite and beyond.

What does this mean? You upped the difficulty as you were playing?

Yup. When you play in Normal, you can “upgrade” it to Veteran by checking a box. Other difficulties are only available once you finish Normal or Veteran.

Do you get better stuff/more experience when you go up to Veteran?

Yup. Otherwise, I don’t think anyone would play in Veteran. ;)

It’s 99.9% of the fun, there are so many awesome builds and combos. WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU!!!oneoneoneoneoneone!!!

OMG you guys were so right about the inquisitor. Double pistol splodey action with a spell that slows down and causes great pain and this fun rune spell that’s like an ice bomb. SO FUN.

That’s why playing a lot of alts is a real thing in this game, there are a lot of “fun” skills to use, and really varied ways to approach fights. Every time I find a really good drop that has a damage type I’m not using, I roll another alt lol.

How many alts do you have, and how many can you have?

I probably have 20 or so, not sure what the limit is.

Geez I haven’t played this in so long. I think I’m in Act 3, but I don’t have a clue what I was doing or how to do it. I wonder if I should start a new character so I can recall how to play and continue my old one later. I never would be considering this without controller support.

That’s what got me back into it. So glad I did. I too started a new character to get a feel for things and reacquaint myself with the game, then returned to my original character. So fun.

I bounced off this game numerous times, mostly because I would get stuck and not be able to figure out where I was suppose to go, and/or had a build that wasn’t that great. To me, this is one of those games that can be really frustrating when you are looking for what feels like a needle in a haystack. Once you get used to the critical path, and figure some systems out, it’s a much more enjoyable game.

There is an absolute ton of “can’t get there from here” in this game, and it still pisses me off from time to time. I think what finally hooked me, was that I had restarted enough times to know where I was going until I could get a build actually going somewhere. So yah, restarting is good lol.

I just beat Elite Logorrhean on my lvl 63 Inquisitor. I’m really enjoying her now… going with a dual wield pistol build and relying on default attack + storm box/lightning tether to most of the damage. Throw in Rune of Kalastor for added damage.

Just standing there firing her pistols she looks like the protagonist of a shmup. Pretty cool. I did spec out of the ‘protection’ rune, though, as it was cramping my style to have to stand still that much. Also tried Flame of Ignaffar and found that with this build, I was never using it, so I specced back out of it.

Yeah, finding quest locations is my biggest beef right now.

It’s a feature not a bug. Some content is deliberately placed off the beaten path and there are some hidden zones. I rather like that about the game.

Pure Inquisitor? I’ve been very tempted to try that tact. The inquisitor has so many skills that are super useful even with one point. I’ve always wanted to make an inquisitor that invests heavily in all of them. The only thing that makes me nervous about making a pure anything class is that without a second class, your base stats will be pretty nerfed, right? So if your Physique, Cunning, Spirit, Health and Energy aren’t very high, won’t that have lots of consequences in the higher difficulties? I suppose in exchange, you get a lot more damage dealing and freezing and burning skills, so maybe it can totally work.