Grim Dawn - An ARPG from Crate (ex Iron Lore aka Titan Quest devs)

Some adjustments to the Occultist so that might help my Occultist/Inquisitor a bit.

Lots of item changes.

Why’d they have to drop this now that Diablo 4 just came out? I just started playing that and wanted to give Grim Dawn a break, but now…

Yes.

This was a fun one to get. I was getting dangerously close to leveling to 11. Build was all in on skeletons. They could not survive the warden’s aoe, so I had to kite around til I could resummon, wait for warden to do his aoe stomp, then summon and let them tick his health down a little bit. Rinse and repeat lol. I was also worried about running out of heal potions. I had no more money! Anyways. Fun challenge.

Daaaaaammmn! Badass!

I’m not worthy.

Holy crap, now we see why you’ve been MIA for 2 years.

I’m back! Back and ready!

Working on hardcore playthrough now. Will see if I can hang or if the anxiety of dying gets me.

It’s not too bad - the key thing is making sure you have the correct resistance gear for each area. And stay away from the crazy stuff like the Conflagration :)

Nice that they’re still updating the game.

I would gladly buy a new expansion (and a sequel, of course, but that’s probably still far off if it happens).

I’d never have thought that this little game that was my first kickstarter would still be tickin’ away with updates 11 years after release. One of my most played games of all time, too, based on hours spent.

Sad that they didn’t go the sequel route but when you got something that works….

Did I miss something? I skimmed that update, I didn’t see any hints that an expansion might be in the works or anything. (But yes, I would also buy another expansion the moment it hits).

No, no expansion announced. Only being complimentary about the fact that they still actively update the game after all these years.

I’m down for MOAR.

They did hint as to something more coming later, so I’m hoping for maybe an expansion…

"As for what is beyond v1.2.0…now I am not saying there might be something more in the future…but maybe I am saying there is something more in the future…

Like knowing what is coming up next for Grim Dawn? Stay tuned for the next Grim Misadventure :wink:"

Hmm… I can’t help but speculate, assuming this is something substantial, is it that farthest frontier didn’t sell to expectations, or interest in ARPGs has really increased, or is it just dev passion to a labour of love?

I think labor of love. And I hope they continue to make arpgs!

Farthest Frontier seems to be doing alright. There’s 1500 in game right now, and the latest dev update says the early access has been in their words ‘a tremendous success’.

I agree with Edwin, likely labour of love. All speculation of course. The popular GrimInternals was broken with the recent patch and the mod author stopped updating it, so what a great opportunity for Crate to see the QoL improvements and add them in without stepping on toes.

That’s great! These are the type of devs you really want to see succeed in the marketplace.

Could be they saw Diablo 4’s numbers along with the complaints/negative reactions and figured they could take advantage and drum up some excitement for their game for those disappointed with D4.