Grim Dawn - An ARPG from Crate (ex Iron Lore aka Titan Quest devs)

Nooooooooooooo. Damn it. I should have played faster. I’ve got the skeletons maxed out, as well as their supplemental skills, but they weren’t really all that powerful yet. Now they’ll be weaker.

The nerfbat cometh :(

Sounds like some of the damage got shifted over to Will of the Crypt? Hopefully it’s not too much of a nerf… or you could tell Steam not to update the game!

I am still stuck at the end boss of Monmouth, and really, I’m not sure how to proceed. My attempts at re-balancing my Apostate (Necro/Inquisitor, a bad combo anyhow as I found out) have not worked out totally well, and I think I’m underleveled (at like 64 or whatever) for the final boss in Veteran mode.

I think I have to just grind more levels/gear, before I can finish off this part of the game. Not sure I really want to take this character into Elite/Ultimate though, as really it’s no longer that fun. Might just go back to my Pyromancer.

So just a warning to those that haven’t finished the main campaign yet: If you’re going to respec your character, do so before you finish Act 4. After that, when the expansion starts, the guy who respecs your character goes away, and I have no idea when he’ll be back.

Also, how on earth do I give my skeletons poison and acid resistance? I think I have none, and they pretty much all get wiped constantly in Act 5.

Ulo Keeper of Waters constellation gives both.

There’s one in the first xpac town, Barrowholme or Coven or whatever.

Yeah, I panicked at first, but found the respec person eventually. She also shows up in Monmouth. And, the first two quests in the expansion give you potions to reset attributes and devotions.

I wish I could drink a potion IRL to reset my attributes.

What are opinions on the xpac? I was thinking of trying, again, to get into Grim Dawn (no idea why I haven’t yet, being an ARPG fan, fan of Titan Quest, etc.) and love the idea of Necro…

I love the two new classes. The expansion is worth it just for that.

I just arrived at the expansion area in the game, and I agree with the others that you’d better have your poison and acid resistance maxed out when you get to this part of the game. And have your red resistance up really high too. What is red? I’m pretty sure it’s either vitality resistance or bleeding resistance or Chaos resistance. I’m not sure which one it is that’s getting me.

I figured those bubbling blobs of red were Vitality damage, but not actually sure.

Wine resistance?

edit: and thanks @Rock8man.

Chaos damage.

Pretty sure that the next difficulty still opens up after you beat Act 4, so starting that should give you pretty easy access(it’s just one quest, right?) to the respec guy again too.

It’s a respec LADY, people!

If you’re really desperate, you can respec in the Cruicible as well.

I was clearly using “guy” in the gender neutral way. Clearly.

This was my first reaction, too. I knew it was coming, just hoped I’d make it through before the switch since I rely so heavily on my pets. In fact, I think every active skill I have in play has been weakened so it’ll be interesting to see how the game progresses now for my Necro/Inquisitor. I won’t respec.

gXdTZ1z

Ha! Well, I won’t respec because I like sticking with a certain style of play throughout a game. Respect, though, I offer freely.

As it turns out, the adjustments made to my skills haven’t had a noticable negative impact on combat. Nor have they had a positive effect that I can tell. Now heading into Malmouth itself at level 61.