Grimoire - It has Begun

That GIF deserves a good and loud “YOU GO, GIRL”.

Props to you, my friend.

On the 12th he posted a huge list with the names of areas that are totally done and checked. Including:

(!V1 DONE)Kublai Axis

Yesterday he posts this:

Kublai Axis, which was marked as done about 5 years ago, turned out to have huge problems when you went to break into Vanguard buildings or even force the lock. The VG Marines would stay permanently angry at you forever after keeping you from ever joining the Vanguard and getting all kinds of perks. Got it fixed up so there is a way to get into the maximum security vault and steal the stuff even after they have been angry at you for something else. You can steal the keys off Vanguard soldiers and even if you get caught you can get into buildings without ruining all communications with the Vanguard.

So he’s finding bugs in areas that he just recently claimed where complete and verified. Then there’s the tacit admission that his big list of areas that are “done” is actually from a failed release attempt five or more years ago. Also that he hadn’t actually tested some of the areas in the last five years, which puts them back to a time well before his failed indiegogo campaigns. Clearly he didn’t make any real attempt to get things ready for the indiegogo release date(s) (big shock I know).

Can’t you just not upset the Vanguard people and everything will be OK?

Yeah man, they’ve got my 401k!

At this point I’m wondering whether he’s just making up stuff about the game in general.

Fixed it for you.

You never know, when we get into Vanguard and break into the maximum security vault after having stolen the keys of some angry marines, we will think back to this thread, shaking our heads and wondering how we ever doubted Cleve.

That’s why it pays to have a diversified portfolio spread among multiple mercenary groups.

Classic Cleve:

7/5/03

The reason I have an underground shelter is because I’m a sane man in an insane world. While the sheeple scratch their lottery tickets and drink their beer, irrevocable natural forces are gathering like a storm all around them as they have for millions of years, for the purposes of a population cull. I see this. You might but you discard that observation because you say, “Tex is weird. I don’t see anybody else running around screaming hysterically and digging with a shovel or constructing their own underground shelters, so therefore Tex must be in some way pathological. I don’t realize that Tex is operating at an intellectual level about a hundred times higher than that of ordinary people and that the reason he is pawing and snorting at the ground nervously is because his eyesight is way superior to the rest of the herd. There is something coming across the savanna which Tex can see that I can’t … probably because I think mostly out loud in a series of crude cliches and received knowledge.”

It’s helplessness and a form of fear that has reduced you to resignation. It is the opposite of the life force. You should feel the energy in my shelter. It’s what the other side feels like. It’s fertility, aggression, confidence, security and self-reliance. There is no grim climax in my future - only in yours. It is surrender trying to dress itself up with a philosophy robe and a cheap feather in a turban.

I’m not a loser, not even a noble resigned one. I’m the guy who will be here, like his ancestors. You can be resigned, though. I guess it beats taking action and permits more time for watching football.

Yep. All them Neanderthals walking around today.

Yeah well you’ll be sorry when that race war he’s been predicting for something like twenty years finally hits. Best spend those zogbucks now, chump!

Hey I thought nuka-cola caps will be the currency of the future.

He sounds a lot like icycalm.

Oh goddamit I knew there were bugs in the Kublai Axis… those fucking Vanguard marines they always give you the shit look when you’re just minding your own business. Fuck them cleve not your fault

No doubt they are mudblood latinos.

New Steam release date is August 1st.

What year?

Q1 21st century

Can someone edit this page to put the Grimoire launch in?

In response to “where are the Youtube Let’s Plays and previews?” Cleve laid it out.

No. They are welcome to play the game and put up a review of their own. I don’t need to sell Grimoire like you do vacation houses. It sells itself. People try to promote their stuff mostly because it is crap. Grimoire is not crap. I don’t beg for good reviews, others beg me to give my product a good review. Grimoire is monocles and men in suspenders and expensive smoking jackets. We don’t work the crowd.

I’ve been through this exact same situation many times in life. They will come to me, not the other way around. My game doesn’t need to gladhand reviewers and pump them up with freebies and VIP room invitations.

Newsflash for antropologists: Neanderthals were not only lunatic narcissists, they were also completely clueless!