Grimoire - It has Begun

If Cleve is involved, it’s probably more like a Cuban Sandwich Crisis.

Quoth Cleve:

My wife just entered the study at midnight. She asked me “You’re going to upload it for release tonight, right? You’re not going to announce another one month delay? You said tonight was it. I’ve been waiting all day for you to upload it.”

I told her, “Honey, it is going to be released on Steam when you wake up. I am closing off anything left on my list right now. I discovered about an hour ago one of the icons I may not have registered for use in a commercial game, it’s been so long I can’t remember. I am just replacing it as well as a couple of crummy item pics from my incredible library of assets numbering in the millions. Everybody thinks I spent the IndieGoGo money on something reasonable, the truth is I bought every single asset on the Unity Store almost in preparation for my next game after Grimoire. A lot of the 2D assets are coming in handy for Grimoire at the last minute.”

So she said, “Definitely when I wake up?”

I told her, “100% certain when you wake up tomorrow Grimoire is going to be live on Steam. I’m just scanning it now for final finalisation of final after 20 years. Got to be particularly careful I have purchased or licensed all assets with a receipt on file for that asset whatever it is.”

There is no way that everyone thinks Cleve spent that money on something reasonable.

Everybody thinks I spent the IndieGoGo money on something reasonable, the truth is I bought every single asset on the Unity Store almost in preparation for my next game after Grimoire.

The fuck?

I mean, my bets were on burnt orange shag carpeting for the bunker.

I’m afraid I won’t be alive for his next game release after Grimoire.

I’m afraid I won’t be alive for his release of Grimoire.

I feel like the story here isn’t that he has another game coming (at some point) but rather he flat out admits he’s taking funding from GoGo to work on said next game.

To which I quote @Telefrog who put it the best. “The fuck?”

Ah, I understand, thanks. Misuse of funds,

Right, the $17k he… took… from indiegogo was specifically for

Now #4 there is debatable, but the indiegogo also said

So spending the money on Grimoire 2 is putting the cart just a teensy bit before the horse.

I’m waiting for Grimoire 3

Neanderthals are not bound to Terms of Use and Contract Law; those are the institutions of weak Homo Sapiens Sapiens.

It’s true. He is bound only to the Deep Law of the Paleolithic.

Wait, did he buy almost all the assets in the unity store, or did he almost buy them in preparation for his next game?

The former, but actually he’s lying and maybe spent a couple hundred bucks at the unity store, more than enough to create the ten millionth zombie survival horde-mode shooter on Steam. The rest of the money was spent on his collection of fanny packs.

You know… if Grimoire is, like he claims, a game so good that it threatens civilization itself… if it is, as he claims, a game that would mean no one needs any other game…

…there wouldn’t be much of a market for another game, even if he makes it, right?

I’m starting to think that Neanderthals are not very good at that whole “logic” stuff.

You guys keep talking shit about Cleve and JUST SEE WHAT HAPPENS

Before he grabbed me I would ask him to tell me the 23,444th digit of Pi and he would drop me and go eat some pie because, you know, Neanderthals do like pie. And if they’re four times as strong as an ordinary person, they need to eat more so they’re always hungry for pie.

Or something.