Grimoire - It has Begun

This x100. My heart sank when I read here that the game was out.

This x100. He did it. Most people would not have persevered.

Either.

I grant you that, to some extent, but really, some things just should not be. This IMO is one of them.

Someone linked http://store.steampowered.com/app/428880/The_Quest/ somewhere in this thread. Delightful!

The Quest even has Gwent.

He could have stolen this from some fascist anime-fan and just switched “Japan” with “Australia” at the end.
He strikes me as a very mature guy.

Well, if he really started it 20 years ago, he was creating a game of its time.

Well I, for one, appreciate your impressions. I would love to hear more as you progress, especially regarding the story, but all other aspects as well.
Any other technical issues? What OS/system are you running?
Just in case I get bit by the bug, I’ll be curious if I have a good chance of running it on Win10 with a 1070.

This review on Steam made me laugh out loud…

Quick review after a few hours of play, from a fan of this genre of games:

• windowed mode is bugged and causes black screen, can’t close window, has to kill process
  • full screen has black borders on left/right and you can’t alt-tab to other processes, like a web browser
  • game crashes when clicking on portraits ( edit: already fixed, requires reinstall )
  • user interface is old-school in the bad way: requires lots of extra clicks. Expect insane clicking even for basic functionality.
  • to speed up combat you need to click the rounds, so for trash encounters you end up clicking like a madman ( edit: you can speed up by using enter, didn’t know that due to lack of manual. Helps quite a bit ).
  • game is pretty difficult/old-school. Expect to have to remake your party due to getting blocked in game due to not having the right skills/spells to progress.

On the positive side, I’m having fun …

Oh I totally would!

It’s not surprising it has a ton of bugs. There’s no way Cleve could have tested it and made sure it ran on more than just a couple of machines if he even did that. He didn’t have a QA department other than his Neanderthal sslf.

Guys, what is going on?!

Yeah, and those tags too. What the?

Codex trolls.

Most of the impressions I’ve been reading in various places from the non-trolls has been surprisingly positive. It seems basically to be Wizardry 7 on Steroids. There also seems to be some wit and humor in it.

I know everyone likes to laugh at Cleve and there’s no doubt he has issues, but he just might get the last laugh on everyone.

I’m running it on a Dell Inspiron 15 laptop with a 960M. Windows 10 Home. No performance issues so far.

I think this is the first real RPG to release on Steam in some time.

See? Codex trolls.