Grimoire - It has Begun

Let me sleep on it.

/thread

For me, yeah, though really it’s all about two songs, the title cut and Paradise. I use the latter in class sometimes, particularly a concert video of the song that really shows Meat Loaf at his anti-rock-star best. The record is pure seventies power rock stripped of any Zeppelin-esque mysticism or any of the other additives that frequently colored music of that era (and I love Zep, btw). It’s almost a primitive form of rock, with faint undertones of punk.

Grimoire patch? Maybe I’ll peek back in but I kinda doubt it.

Cleve continues to be a total d-bag. He saw his one chance to belittle someone after this mess was released, and instead shows he’s just a tiny brained lizard. Kinda funny with all his white superiority, smarter than everyone crap he spews.

Haha. Nice. :)

I really don’t want to further derail the thread, so I’ll just say I’m glad you qualified that with an “almost”. Those compositions were anything but primitive. Fairly complex for rock, I thought…at the time.

You know what? I’m gonna need to give this record another spin before I continue digging this hole.

Bat Out of Hell is indeed a seminal rock album. I believe it’s up there with Bohemian Rhapsody in the album A Night at the Opera as a touchstone of operatic rock.

There ya go. It was operatic. We didn’t have much operatic rock back then. Now hell, we got operatic metal all over the place!

In any case, thanks to that album, I can recognize a Jim Steinman song from a miles away. And I think most everyone else can too.

Yeah, “primitive” isn’t exactly the right word. More like, well, yeah it’s operatic in one sense but still devoid of excess, baggage. Dunno what the right words are but I like it :).

are you:

a) down at the bottom of a pit
b) under the blazing sun
c) both

Are you writing Meat Loaf-themed IF?

Would you offer your throat to the wolf with the red roses?

Better?

Are you:

• Down at the bottom of a pit
  • In the blazing sun
  • Both
  • Sh17 b0n3z

0 voters

The results of that poll are pretty definitive.

Missing an “r” though.

PC version. :)

Fucking racists again Neanderthals. Pieces of shit. The Man keeping Cleve down.

It woz The Google and Wayback machine what dun it to him.

Bwahahahahaha!

On the other hand what are the chances Cleve desperately needs a job and since people know who he really is and employers look at stuff - Cleve pulled it down. Not because he was told by “the Man”, but out of necessity. After all, he could have just moved the hosting somewhere else… no big deal.