Grognard Wargamer Thread!

I agree with Bruce. They always seemed not just reasonable to me but quite suitable to two or more player experience. As well, you guys seemed (to me anyway) to try and present the review through a prism of multiplayer play, and made that the crux of what you were reviewing for.

My pet peeve though, is a game being reviewed subjectively via solo play, without any nod to the flaw in that method. Example - Calendale can do good work at times, and many things about what he does are valuable. But I can’t take his comments regarding balance/multiplayer suitability regarding a game seriously when he’s playing a game with Hidden Information solo or a game expressly designed for 4-7 players.

Now, this is an excuse frequently trotted out by you “soloites” based off like one magazine mail-in poll or two in the early 80s, always extrapolated into “The lions’ share of the hobby solos”. Just reason 112 why “I wanna push cardboard around alone” by people who would never do it with someone else if every other factor in the world lined up for them. :)